We are looking for a Home Health Aide for Hospice Direct at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: On Call/ Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Home Health Aide provides personal care and assistance with activities of daily living for patients in a variety of settings including residential, RCFE, LTCF, Board and care. Provides services under physician's orders and assignment and under general supervision by the registered nurse/case manager.
- Follows written Plan of Care (POC). Reports to RN prior to any deviation from POC.
- Administers or assists patients with personal care including bath or shower, hair, skin, mouth and nail care. Assists patients with elimination using bathroom, commode, bedpan or urinal.
- Assists patients with dressing or undressing.
- Assists patients with transfer activities. Assists patients with ambulation.
- Assists patients with prescribed exercises after instruction by the registered nurse, physical therapist, and occupational therapist.
- Assists patients with a variety of limited household services that are essential to the patient’s comfort care.
- Reports pertinent observations of patient’s physical and psychological status to RN Case manager or Clinical Services Manager & Hospice Program Director in a timely manner.
- Documents accurately and concisely in the electronic medical record all care and observation according to agency policy and Medicare guidelines in a timely manner.
- Confers with the RN Case manager as appropriate for updating the patient care plan.
- Provides comfort measures and support to patients and families as appropriate.
- Encourages patient independence.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust readily to change.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive customer service attitude toward work assignment as directed.
- Mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
- Ability to set priorities and organize own workload, with limited supervision.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational ability.
- Knowledge and ability to compile electronic documentation of daily tasks and activities with patients, families, or other caregivers.
- Knowledge of growth and development.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of a CNA and Certified Home Health Aide training program and supervised practice.
Experience: Experience in a clinical area.
- Current HHA and CNA certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Auto insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Since it was founded as Hospice of Napa Valley in 1979, Collabria Care has become a leading center for community-based care delivery and resources in the North Bay, for those facing transitions of aging, Alzheimer’s disease and other serious illness or the end of life.
Since then, we have grown into a vibrant non-profit organization with more than 125 employees and 130 volunteers serving Napa County and its surrounding communities. Our award-winning programs are created to respond to the current needs of our community, and additional programs are designed with a look towards the future needs of our aging population.
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Category: Other Healthcare Support
Req ID: R342088