We are looking for a Physical Therapist for Home Health Direct at Home Health Network.
Location: Hesperia, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: Pay Per Visit Employee
$10,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
The physical therapist assists the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function, develops and updates the plan of care and provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician.
- Completes all assessments/evaluations, including OASIS if necessary, at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy, accurately and timely
- Develops a plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician including frequency and duration of therapy visits, specific treatments, appropriate goals, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Performs and documents physical therapy interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change, ensuring optimal outcomes.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit and synchronizes by 10:00 AM the following day.
- Communicates changes in the patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the physician and the Clinical/Rehab Manager.
- Designs and instructs a patient specific home exercise programs to patients, families and caregivers recommending and providing assistive equipment, as needed.
- Contributes to patient case conferences an indicated, in order to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's care.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity.
- Enhances professional development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Meets the productivity standards of the organization.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team player to support the team and Agency needs.
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Master's Degree in Physical Therapy, or Degree in Physical Therapy from an approved program according to Medicare guidelines
- California Physical Therapy licensure.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Current California driver's license.
- Proof of auto liability insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Home Health experience.
- 1 year experience as a Physical Therapist.
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: R344151