We are looking for a Computed Tomography Technologist for the Diagnostic Radiology Department at Redwood Memorial Hospital.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Fortuna, CA
Work Schedule: Relief
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under the direction of the Department Manager and in close collaboration with the Radiologists, the CT Technologist performs a variety of diagnostic imaging procedures and related activities according to department standards utilizing age-specific criteria. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff. Participates in quality control and organizational improvement activities. Serves as a clinical and technical resource to other technologists and to the radiologists. Participates in call schedule to meet staffing needs of the department.
Prepares room for study with necessary position devices, contrast material, bolsters, etc., specific to ages served: infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Provides thoughtful explanations of CT concepts and procedures in an age-specific manner.
• Reviews CT orders, previous studies, and other supportive data. Discusses any special patient or exam needs with radiologist as are necessary. Transports patients appropriately after verifying identity.
• Based on CT request and patient’s clinical history, interviews patient in age-specific manner to ensure that contraindications that preclude CT are identified and discussed with the radiologist on duty.
• Based on CT requested, patient history, clinical condition, age, and suspected pathology, performs CT procedures according to established protocol and in consultation with the radiologist on duty.
• Assists physicians and other health team members with patient monitoring, contrast administration, and in dealing with anxious, claustrophobic or sedated patients in an age-specific manner.
Information Management: Performs accurate paperwork and data entry in terms of exam performance, patient history, charges, and related functions. Ensures that patient confidentiality is maintained.
• Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner.
• Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and training other technologists.
• Reads and interprets written materials such as prescriptions, physician’s orders, policies and procedures, safety regulations, and equipment operating instructions. Interprets a variety of instructions presented in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule format.
• Writes routine reports, notes and memoranda. Speaks and writes effectively.
• Applies basic arithmetic and algebraic concepts such as proportions, percentages and simple equations with a high degree of accuracy.
• Solves practical problems and deals effectively with situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Uses independent judgment on a routine basis.
• Concentrates on details in a busy and distracting environment.
• Advanced computer skills related to the operation of high technology, computer-driven equipment are essential.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Graduate of a program in radiologic technology approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education & Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
• Valid certificate as a Certified Radiologic Technologist in Diagnostic Radiology issued by the State of California.
• Within one calendar year of employment, a State of California Technologist’s Fluoroscopy Permit must be obtained.
• Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
• Current CPR certification
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Experience as the primary technologist in a high volume CT facility.
Licenses/Certifications: Advanced certification in computer assisted tomography by the ARRT
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R345058