At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Physical Therapist Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Implements plan of care established by primary therapist; makes suggestions for modification based upon patient response.
- Stays current and knowledgeable regarding therapeutic exercise, functional activities, manual techniques, splinting/adaptive equipment, and modalities.
- Communicates plan of care to patient, family and medical personnel.
- Communicates unexpected responses or non-progression to primary therapist in a timely manner.
- Gives input regarding treatment and goal progression for re-examination.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and timely documentation in accordance with department policy; consistently meets chart audit standards.
- Utilizes age-appropriate teaching methods based upon learning needs of the patient; utilizes a variety of teaching tools (models, charts, handouts, etc).
- Plans and communicates need for discharge to patient, family, primary therapist and medical personnel in a timely fashion; reviews and finalizes exercise and home techniques for independent care; initiates and follows up on recommendations for self management/continuation of care.
- Functions within time frame of daily schedule demonstrating compliance with current policy and procedures; keeps work areas safe and clean.
- Develops, coordinates, and/or participates in programs related to Lake Forest Hospital Organization.
- Sets forth challenging professional goals and follows through on those goals; actively participates in quality and PI efforts.
- Performs professional duties cognizant of multiple regulatory policies; meets all departmental and hospital-wide requirements for regulatory and corporate compliance.
- Adapts schedule based on clinic needs; maintains a positive attitude; provides assistance to co-workers and patients; utilizes non-patient treatment time effectively.
- Contacts referral sources to promote positive relationships with Lake Forest Hospital Rehab Services department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduated from an Accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Current Illinois license as a Physical Therapist Assistant
- BLS through American Heart Association
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.