We are looking for Senior Medical Assistant with a $3,000 Sign-on Bonus for the Tower-Family Practice Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
The Senior Medical Assistant (MA III) works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A Senior Medical Assistant (MA III) is capable of performing all aspects of the MA I and MA II roles. Additionally, the Senior Medical Assistant (MA III) proactively takes initiative and serves as an informal leader with additional responsibilities related to clinic/location. MA III serves as an ambassador, change agent, quality champion, and mentor/resource to Medical Assistants by providing support, guidance, and training as needed.
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I and Medical Assistant II.
- Operates as a fully competent MA performing all job functions timely, efficiently and effectively utilizing knowledge of medical assistant training and skills.
- Delivers upon the service expectations of both patients and fellow team members by listening to their needs; engaging in positive interactions; and following through on promises made in a thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their total outcome is better than expected.
- Perform and assist with front and back office duties and coverage required to support patient care.
- As appropriate, has validated competencies in high-risk and/or advanced procedures needing specialized expertise.
- Demonstrates a willingness through ongoing participation and ability to take on a larger scope of responsibility, such as, clinic projects, involvement in system work, and/or councils or committees. A minimum of 3 of the following responsibilities is required:
- Preceptor (including, but not limited to):
- Completion of preceptor training;
- Precept new graduates in the art and science of being a medical assistant or precept in an intensive clinical orientation;
- Review of appropriate competency checklists and monitor completion of specific areas;
- Help clinical staff with training needs and identify learning opportunities with a review of pertinent policy and procedures, observation skills, etc.
- Own-It Program Champion
- Caring Reliably Champion
- EPIC Super-User
- Culture/Engagement Champion
- Change Agent/Ambassador for the organization
- Quality/Safety Officer
- Vaccine Coordinator
- Scribe (certification through accredited program required)
- Works in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization and shows a commitment to education and/or certification consistent with level and area of practice.
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy
- Flexibility is a must; to meet the changing needs of the patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EMR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local laws relating to role and patient care.
- Serves as a resource & role model for all applicable quality infection control and safety standards.
- Serves as a resource and reinforces principles and practices governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
- Ability to proactively analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure for themselves and their team.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, practitioners and other caregivers.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses or alternative solutions, draw conclusions and identify appropriate approaches to problems.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills to support staff development and training, as well as daily support needs.
Minimum Position Requeirements:
Education : Coursework/Training Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the CA State or National Certification exam.
- 2 years Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting.
- 2 years Experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion.
- 6 months Working experience in a PSJH clinic within the last 3 years.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Effective 7/1/2021, all newly hired MA’s must obtain National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant within 12 months of hire date.
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will have 12 months to obtain their National MA certification as listed above.
- Required upon hire: Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses and Certifications: Active national certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R343215