In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Surgical Technician II Certified understands the procedure being performed and assures that all equipment, instrumentation, and supplies are available for the case. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in setting up and turning over the operating room for cases.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma and/or GED equivalent
- Graduate of certified Surgical Technologist program, military trained, or AD in Surgical Technology preferred
- BCLS certified
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required
- Must have advanced competencies in a minimum of 3 specialties (specialties to be determined by each hospital)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Anticipate needs of the surgical team and obtains instrumentation and supplies and available for procedure.
- Pass instruments to surgeon and assistant during procedure.
- Assists with terminal cleaning of room and preparation for the following case.
- Begins cleaning up back table and preparing instruments for terminal cleaning and sterilization as circulator prepares patient to leave the room.
- Place instruments back in the tray for transport to SPD.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all policy and procedures such as count policy, universal protocol and labeling of medications, etc.
- Works with students and inexperienced staff on correct method for passing and retrieving instruments during surgical procedures.