Advance your career working at a Magnet recognized hospital known for clinical quality and patient safety. Providence St. Joseph Health offers a comprehensive range of benefits including but not limited to professional advancement, extensive health and program wellness offerings as well as competitive compensation, PTO, and retirement plans. We look forward to hearing from you!
W e are looking for Ultrasound Technologist for the Electrocardiology at St. Joseph Hospital Orange.
Location: Orange, CA
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the general supervision of the Non-Invasive Cardiovascular & Neurology services Manager and the direct supervision of the Vascular lead, the Vascular Ultrasound technologist performs basic and complex vascular ultrasound and other non-invasive vascular procedures as defined in department policies and procedures on geriatrics, adults, pediatric and neonates. Organizes and prioritizes work in accordance with department needs and completes assignments within assigned times. The technologists also perform any job related functions (clerical, transportation, training and cleaning), as needed to provide optimal care.
- Consistently performs diagnostic quality vascular ultrasound and other non-invasive vascular procedures utilizing proper technique consistent with department protocols and ultrasound safety practices.
- Consistently triages patients appropriately according to their acuity level; follows established procedures for patient identification; reviews orders and indications for exam for appropriateness of each exam and supplies pertinent clinical history for exams performed.
- Consistently submits accurate and complete exam images and associated exam worksheets and exam data sheets, consistent with department protocols, for physician interpretation.
- Accurately performs all data entry and clerical procedures required by department to ensure that completed exams are recorded in Meditech, department Log Book and computer database for laboratory accreditation.
- Assists with orientation and cross training of students and employees as needed, including proctoring performance, to ensure quality patient care and completion of training documentation.
- Knowledge of vascular anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge and skills required to operate duplex scanner and peripheral arterial Doppler instrumentation.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed exam protocols.
- Ability to work with patients with limited mobility and severe disease.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training: Graduate of an accredited ultrasound program.
Licenses and Certifications : Preferred: RVT certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Coursework/Training: Graduation from a CAAHEP approved or CMA approved ultrasound/vascular training program.
- Coursework/Training: Training in Transcranial Doppler and Renal and Mesenteric artery duplex scanning.
- 3 years Vascular ultrasound scanning in an acute care hospital.
- Experience with Transcranial Doppler and Renal and Mesenteric artery duplex scanning.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.
These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.
As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community.
When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one "America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care.
A haven that feels like home.
St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.
Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Category: Ultrasound Technologist
Req ID: R341427