Providence is calling a Nursing Aide Temporary (Transitional Care Nursing, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate understanding of and provides care according to Standards of Practice and the resident/patient’s Nursing Care Plan. These duties are under the supervision of the Primary Caregiver and/or Professional Associate. Performs duties to assist in activities of daily living such as bathing, ambulating, and nourishment.
- Record vital signs, I&O, weights, ADLs, meal intake, and other required documentation in an accurate, concise, and timely manner in accordance with assigned department procedures.
- Report changes in resident/patient condition, problematic and unusual circumstances to Primary Caregiver and Professional Associates. Maintains a safe environment for resident/patients, families, and co-workers.
- Possess knowledge of the Care Center or Hospital and National Patient Safety Goals: Uses at least two ways of identifying resident/patients, name and date of birth. Uses hand hygiene cleaning guidelines, before and after resident/patient contact. Exercises all preventative measures in patient fall prevention as outlined in Policies and Procedures. Possesses knowledge of resident/patient care needs for maintaining skin integrity. Reports redness to Registered Nurse responsible for patient care.
- Communicate effectively with the Licensed nurse (RN or LPN) or other caregivers regarding resident/patient issues, family issues, MD issues, and equipment. Utilizes the “Hand Off of Communication Tools, “SBAR”. Follows Policies and Procedures regarding information to promote resident/patient safety. Watches resident/patients closely for changes in their health and responds by informing licensed nurse (RN or LPN) immediately. Communicates in a compassionate manner to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assist in the resident/patient admitting, transfer, and discharge procedure. Transports patients via wheelchair and other safe patient handling and mobility equipment.
- Perform front desk procedures including EMR usage, chart preparation and filing, and opening and closing department procedures.
- Check and restock supplies and emergency equipment and replaces as instructed. Maintains and operates multiple pieces of equipment in a safe and effective manner to improve patient care.
- Complete Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must complete the approved 8-hour temporary nurse aide training course and pass the department specific competency tests within 30 days of hire date
- Food handler permit if required by local municipality or the ability to attain certification within 30 days of hire
- BLS certification within 30 days of hire
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 313522