Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.
Benton Harbor, MI
HomeCare Health MB - Manager Patient Care Services
Day (United States of America)
Identify patient/family’s psychosocial and environmental needs related to admission, diagnosis, treatment and discharge.
Make appropriate referrals for community services; may provide inpatient emotional support and counseling services,
crisis intervention, and bereavement services. Assess and intervene in situations involving child or elder abuse/neglect,
domestic violence. Ensure direct individual care coordination to enhance patient opportunities to manage health risks
and/or health condition, advocate and empower patients to successfully navigate health across the continuum of care.
As needed position with no guaranteed hours per pay period
• Identify patient in need of social work services through case finding and participation in unit meetings, utilizing high risk
screening criteria. May receive referrals directly from nursing and medical staff, or other health care providers.
• Assist patients/families adjust to hospital admission; possible role changes; exploring emotional/social responses to
illness and treatment
• Establish and maintain a high level of trust with patients and families, with an understanding of the interconnectedness of
physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural and religious needs that occur at all stages of the care continuum.
• Perform comprehensive psychosocial and financial assessments and effectively collaborate with health care team.
• Prepare social histories to establish service needed or in changing level of service, taking into consideration: a) family
relationships, b) the meaning of illness to the patient/family, c) the cultural attitudes in relationship to illness, d) the
meaning of the home situation to patient/family, e) the financial impact of illness on the family.
• Assess and respond to social and emotional factors related to patients’ desires, needs, and preferences.
• Assume an advocacy role on behalf of the patient/family with regard to patient needs within the hospital and/or
• Contribute to care planning activities that reflect consideration of cultural, religious and developmental concerns
• Initiate and facilitate individual/family counseling sessions to alleviate barriers to care.
• Assist with the development of applicable programs to meet organizational goals. •Perform other duties as assigned.
•Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety,quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization’s published values.
Masters: Social Work (Required)
*Social Worker MSW - State of Michigan
Additional Job Details
Continuously: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Standing, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl,
Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle
• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong listening skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
Demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with patients/families.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.