Providence is calling a Financial Coordinator (Medical Oncology , Day Shift, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits for all patients having surgery at the Providence Ambulatory Surgery and Procedure Center, and provides same services as requested for all other PMG surgical or procedural departments.
- Interviews patient/guarantor to capture and understand key financial data to determine the patient's general financial situation and ability to pay for balances due or qualify for financial assistance.
- Reviews and interprets billing statements, charge information, private or government insurance benefits, and other related information (for specialty clinics, ambulatory surgery clinics and insurance companies) while resolving account balances.
- Assists patients in contacting third party providers or insurance companies to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Provide follow-up on internal and external customer calls in a timely manner to ensure comprehensive and complete service in meeting patients needs.
- Provides education regarding charges and billing information to patients or insurance companies. Escalating charge discrepancies as appropriate to PBO/RBO contacts for care department review.
- Resolves complex patient issues and concerns that present at the on-site office, and communicates with the PBO in order to help resolve issues, as appropriate.
- Notifies PBO personnel of any re-billing, charge adjustments, refunding or collection intervention that needs to occur.
- Negotiates payment arrangements and arranges patient payment plans with collaboration with ORC.
- Participates during revenue cycle calls to resolve denial and trending coding issues relates to payor plan and patient billing.
- Researches and assists in resolving denial trends to determine revenue for particular procedures.
- Accurately documents all patient financial arrangements in Epic.
- Receives and answers inquiries for patients regarding charges and/or billing questions, referring patient to Professional Billing office as appropriate.
- Adheres to established company compliance, policies, procedures and protocols.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years Experience in a Business Office, preferably in a financial/billing position.
- 3 years Experience with medical and health plan terminology, CPT codes, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- College education in related field.
- 3 years Experience with all medical specialties and asc procedures.
- 3 years Financial Counseling.
- Knowledge in reimbursement of health care accounts from insurance companies preferred.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive healthcare experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 313789