Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (Day Shift, 1 FTE/40 hours a week) to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position offers a sign on bonus for eligible external candidates only.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
• Assess, evaluate, and implement treatment according to professional standards. Provide direction and guidance to others as they follow through on the plan of care.
• Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs and overall condition of patient; anticipate future levels of care.
• Document all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner that is clear to others, and meets service standards. Plan for patient discharge with attention given to home programs, equipment arrangement, and patient/family education.
• Delegate appropriate patient activities to co-workers, O.T. Assistants, and O.T. Aides using professional criteria. Gathers feedback from team members.
• Exhibit clinical skills relevant to level of education and training in respective specialty.
• Provide patient and family education in a variety of physical settings.
• Demonstrate safe use and knowledge of equipment in their home department.
• Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
• Demonstrate personal and interpersonal qualities that support the Core Values of Providence Health System.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualification for this position include:
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 312647