We are looking for an Associate Medical Assistant with a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus for the HUM Harris Cardiology Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) works unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.)
- Works in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and clinic/location staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Assists with emergencies as needed under the direction of a licensed practitioner.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy
- Flexibillity is a must; to meet the changing needs of the patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholading the values of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbaly, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to present professionally in all encounters and maintain a respectful environment of cultural diversity.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, physicians and other staff members.
- Must possess basic knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
- Must possess knowledge and use of basic medical terminololgy related to role.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience : Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
- Effective 7/1/2021, all newly hired MA’s must obtain certification within 12 months of hire: National Certification (AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP) OR CA State Exam for MA Certification.
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will also have 12 months to obtain their California state or National MA certification as listed above.
- Required upon hire: Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the CA State or National Certification exam.
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR).
Licenses/Certifications: Active national certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R338955