Providence is calling a Respiratory Therapist for a Per Diem/Variable Shift to Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Respiratory Therapist - NICU who will assess need, administer, and evaluate response to respiratory care procedures such as oxygen therapy and bronchial hygiene therapies such as HHN and PD/CPT. Provides invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilatory support and CPR. Attends high-risk deliveries and evaluates newborns status including intubations when necessary. Performs arterial, capillary, and cord blood draws and analyzed with an Arterial Blood gas instrument. Assist nursing staff with EKG's and Cardiac Heart Disease screening tests. Must have current CA RCP license, BLS, PALS, and NRP certificates.
In this position you will:
- Perform patient assessments / APGAR score.
- Participate in goal directed plans based on outcomes.
- Implement role based on department, unit, and hospital standards.
- Participate in evaluating effectiveness of duties.
- Participate in identifying patient/significant other learning needs and demonstrates measures to meet these.
- Delegate to appropriate team members.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge when caring for selected patient populations including care to the age of patients served.
- Demonstrate competency in selected skills including, but not limited to:
- Aerosol Therapy.
- Endotracheal Intubation / Extubation.
- Bronchial Hygiene Therapy.
- Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Ventilator Management.
- ABG Draw and Analysis.
- CHD Screening.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regards to:
- Attendance, punctuality, and confidentiality.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill to maintain competence.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including licensure, annual safety films, BLS, PALS, and NRP certification, infection control, and annual physicals.
- Participate in the development and attainment of team, department and health center goals including:
- Attending and participating in team meetings.
- Volunteering or accepting assignment for projects.
- Mission, vision and team ground rules.
- Demonstrate documentation on patient care records, unit and health center forms.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence and certifications.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs and annual physical.
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
- RRT required for all new grad Respiratory Therapist applicants hired on or after 1/1/15.
- Note, Respiratory Therapists credentialed prior to 1/1/15 are grandfathered as CRTs.
- Attained “Registered” status with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current RCP license in the State of California.
- Current BLS, NRP, and PALS card required.
- One (1) year experience following RCP licensure.
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple demands and events.
- Proficient in use of basic and advanced Respiratory Care Equipment.
- Proficient in use of Health Center’s patient care computer systems.
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate patient care.
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy.
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- RRT is preferred for all therapists.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John’s Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Respiratory Therapists
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 304547