Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions for you to answer from our Modern Hire system.
We are offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus to all external hires!
Providence is calling a Registered Polysomnographer (Sleep Center, Variable, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
- Employee demonstrate knowledge of PSMMC’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
- Actively participate in departmental and organization performance improvement activities in accordance with hospital and joint commission standards.
- Demonstrate leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC promotes to the communities we serve.
- Participate in hospital and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Follow established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
- Maintain positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately using age specific standards with patients and families of patients.
- Communicate in a professional and appropriate manner when interacting with colleagues, supervisors, peers, physicians, etc.
- Provide clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
- Recognize and report signs/symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served.
- Perform clinical Polysomnography, MSLT and MWT.
- Analyze polysomnogram data PSG, MSLT, MWT.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize sleep stages in MSLT and MWT studies and respiratory changes.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly place polysomnogram electrodes and sensors.
- Perform appropriate pre and post-test calibrations.
- Accurately labels all recordings and forms generated or as a result of the testing process.
- Troubleshoot equipment and artifact recognition/correction as necessary.
- Call to confirm and give instructions to patient prior to and during test.
- Provide information to parents of pediatric patients.
- Adhere to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal.
- Recording equipment is kept clean and Coordinator is notified regarding equipment needing repair.
- Expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Attend and contribute to education meetings with department medical director, including presenting topic of discussion at times.
- Obtain information from Sleep Laboratory Manager, Neurodiagnostic Medical Advisor, and Sleep Laboratory Medical Director as needed
- HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
- Attend mandatory and other education offerings per department and hospital requirements. May assist with education on the unit.
- Position patients in a manner which is safe, utilizing the appropriate safe patient handling equipment and technique, allowing patients to be comfortable both physically and emotionally.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Polysomnography training in the Sleep Laboratory.
- Must obtain certification either through the American Board of Sleep Medicine, The National Board of Respiratory Care, The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists, or an equivalent accepted by the AASM within 2 years of employment.
- Registration by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist required, or ability to pass the registration examination within 18 months of eligibility.
- Current BLS – Healthcare provider (must be AHA accredited).
- Three (3) years experience in an AASM accredited sleep center.
- Complete polysomnography training in the Sleep Laboratory
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Polysomongraphy
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 297001