Providence is calling a Medical Assistant - ExpressCare Washington (Ec Wa Kd Wg Pasco Mso, Day Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Express Care MSO in Pasco, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
*This position will float to four (4) Express Care Clinics in Tri-Cities, but Pasco will be the home department_
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing quality clinical care to patient
- Identifies daily operational and clinical issues to ensure clinic’s operational readiness.
- Escalates to management for issue resolution as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of records, patient, employee and medical center information at all times, secured from general public access.
- Schedules patients’ appointments
- Monitors and manages the appointment schedules daily
- Provides general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc.
- Coordinates referral preparation, approval and distribution
- Organizes, stocks and maintains an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas.
- Oversees that patient waiting areas are clean and well-maintained.
- Greets and checks-in the patient
- Verifies patient’s information and co-pay.
- Researches patient information within the systems provided.
- Collects and verifies accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member.
- Performs patient intake screening and/or makes arrangements for additional diagnostic testing or referral for appropriate provider and set an appointment.
- Identifies urgent or emergent situations and notifies the provider.
- Provides appropriate care, including patient mobility assistance, based on the various conditions and needs of the broad diversity of patients
- Captures patient information including but not limited to height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and the presenting problem.
- Documents patient information collected, care given, treatments provided and related charges.
- Processes all clerical records for clinic patients including cashiering, as well as completion of encounter forms and patient charts.
- Assists physicians/providers during examinations and procedures, anticipating needs.
- Instructs patients on the collection of samples and other tests.
- Conducts or assists with diagnostic tests and procedures including but not limited to capturing vitals, drawing blood and obtaining samples.
- Under MA certification authorization and by Provider order, administers medications – including oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medication / inoculations.
- Labels, transports and stores hazardous waste.
- Updates established patient files as necessary.
- Transcribes chart notes in real time from providers.
- Directs flow of patients and calls to the appropriate care team.
- Refers the patient to the billing department as needed.
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents. Conducts callbacks, when guided.
- Manages patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education.
- Facilitates communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care.
- Active involvement in improvement of work processes.
- Participates in and facilitates change processes
- Completes annual mandatory education review and competency program.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory clinical/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and assigned committees.
- Performs opening and closing duties for the clinic.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from Certified MA Program
- Current Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (AHA accredited).
- Washington State: applicant must have National Certification or be licensed through the State of Washington, Department of Health
- Ability to pass proficiency testing following Epic EMR training
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Some College
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
- 2 years recent experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Knowledge of insurance and insurance industry practices
About the hospital you will serve.
Express Care is your faster way to well! Express Care Clinics offer same-day appointments and extended hours seven days a week. We're here when you need care for the stuff you just can't treat at home. In addition, Express Care Virtual offers same-day, on-demand, video visits with trusted health care providers. Come see us when you want fast care from folks who know health.Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. As part of this growth, Providence Saint John’s Medical Foundation came into flourishing. Saint John’s Medical Foundation is an integrated, not-for-profit network of medical clinics and affiliated services, servicing the greater Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The Foundation is expected to continue to grow in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 310714