We are looking for a Radiologic Technologist I - National Union of Health Workers for the Diagnostic Radiology at Redwood Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
Location: Fortuna, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the direction of the Department Director and Radiology Manager and in collaboration with radiologists, the Radiologic Technologist I performs technical diagnostic imaging procedures and related activities according to department standards for all patients served: infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff. Participates in quality control and organizational improvement activities. Participates in call schedule to meet staffing needs of the department. Travels to and from off-campus locations to perform radiographic or fluoroscopic procedures when requested.
Staff members who treat patients of a specific age group must be aware of the regulatory and accreditation requirements specific to that population. The specific information and skills related to the position presented in this job description include the following age group populations: infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• Reviews x-ray orders, previous films, and other supportive data.
• Discusses any special patient or exam needs with radiologist as is necessary.
• Transports patients appropriately after verifying identity.
• Prepares room for study with necessary supplies, cassettes, immobilization devices, etc., specific to all age groups served—infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Provides patients with thoughtful explanations of radiologic procedures in an age-appropriate manner.
• Based on x-ray request and analysis of patient’s condition and age-specific considerations, provides highly accurate radiographic positioning according to department standards. Marks and identifies each film in an appropriate manner.
• Analyzes patient’s body habitus, general physical condition, age, and suspected pathology; selects the applicable exposure factors.
• Assists physicians and other health team members during fluoroscopic studies, contrast administration, and sterile, complicated or difficult procedures.
• Processes examinations with emphasis on processor quality control. Checks each study for accuracy and completeness. Determines studies are acceptable before releasing patient.
• Ensures equipment is operating correctly prior to patient use. Reports malfunctions on a timely basis.
• Performs accurate paperwork and data entry in terms of exam performance, patient history, charges, and related functions. Ensures that patient confidentiality is maintained.
• Assists in collecting statistics, outcome data, and other information in CQI activities.
• Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
• Helps to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions based on age-related needs and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred Position Qualifications:
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R340473