Providence is calling a Clinical Nurse Specialist (RN) (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Nursing Education at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) is an expert clinician who may practice in a specialty area while functioning as a resource to other staff and departments. The CNS demonstrates an expertise in education, mentoring, consulting, research, evidence based-practice, management, and systems improvement. The CNS influences outcomes by providing expert consultation to all care providers and by implementing improvements in health care delivery systems.
In this position you will:
- Conducts comprehensive, holistic wellness and illness assessment using known or innovative evidence-based techniques, tools, and direct and indirect methods: •Demonstrates competency as expert clinician by using knowledge of differential diagnoses and treatments in comprehensive holistic assessments of patients within the context of disease, diagnoses, and treatments.
- Facilitates for provision of clinically competent care by staff/team through education, role modeling, team building and quality monitoring.
- Patient, staff, or system-focused interaction between professionals in which the consultant is recognized as having specialized expertise and assists consultee with problem-solving: •Serves as leader, consultant/mentor/change agent in advancing the practice of nursing among other nurses and across organizations to achieve outcomes. •Analyzes data to implement practice improvements. •Provides leadership in maintaining a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage change and empower others to influence clinical practice and political processes both within and across systems: •Provides innovative interventions to achieve quality, cost-effective, nurse-sensitive outcomes by designing, implementing, and evaluating individual and/or population-based programs. •Advances nursing practice by applying evidence-based interventions, using best-practice guidelines, and modifying professional standards and policies that direct care of nursing personnel and other providers of health care to improve outcomes. •Identifies resource needs at for delivery of nursing care and advocates for those resources.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Critical Care Experience
- Master's Degree from a clinical nurse specialist program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) OR Ph.D. from a clinical nurse specialist program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) OrCoursework/Training OR Currently enrolled in a Master's, DNP, or Ph.D. clinical nurse specialist program accredited by the Commission on the Collegiate of Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) OrCoursework/Training OR Equivalent coursework and experience will be considered (Example: Masters in Nursing or Doctoral degree in Nursing that did not major in the CNS role, such as those that are in Nursing Administration or Nursing Education)
- Coursework/Training Equivalent coursework and experience will be considered (Example: Masters in Nursing or Doctoral degree in Nursing that did not major in the CNS role, such as those that are in Nursing Administration or Nursing Education)
- Current RN license in the State of Washington is required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years clinical leadership responsibility
- Current certification as a CNS is preferred.
- Current certification in area of specialty is preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Req ID: 306071