Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Patient Care Representative II (Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Tarzana, CA.
The schedule for this position is Mon-Fri 8:00am – 5:00pm or 5:30pm, with ocassional weeknends for training.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Patient Care Representative II who will be responsible for patient management, the flow of patients through the front office in an efficient and professional manner, the accurate coding of services rendered and over the counter cash management
In this position you will:
- Answer phones promptly. Screen and direct phone calls appropriately. Timely response to routine inquiries. Take accurate and complete messages (100% of the time) and forward messages promptly and accurately
- Schedule patients in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete patient check in process. This includes:
- Ensure patients sign the Sign in Sheet
- Verify/updates or has patient complete new Patient Registration Form
- Collect and ensure accurate insurance and demographic information
- Copy Insurance card
- Initial Patient Registration Form and superbill to confirm completeness of insurance information
- Collect patient copayments
- Complete patient check out process. This includes:
- Maximizing collections by following department policies and procedures
- Review the patient superbill for completeness of services rendered, diagnosis, follow up instructions and scheduling next appointment or completing patient recall card
- Complete authorizations as directed by the insurance requirements and the physician/provider. Maintain authorization log and notifies patient of receipt of authorization within twenty four hours. Notify physician/provider within 24 hours of any denials
- Maintaining an orderly and pleasing work space that ensures the integrity and safety of the practice, patients and personnel
- Responsible for accurate coding and batching of services rendered. Prepare paperwork, including accurate completion of Batch Summary Form (95% of the time) and submit within forty eight hours the completed required information to the Central Billing Office
- Responsible for maximizing collection of all over the counter payments due at time of Service. This may include copayments, deductibles, uninsured and patient balances. Manage received cash by adhering to the department policy and procedure cash on cash control
- Scan and link text/images in Electronic Medical Record
- Responsible for timely and accurate verification of patient insurance and demographic information and ensure the communication of this information to the appropriate staff
- Responsible for completing worker’s compensation reports and status reports
- Responsible for reporting status of diagnostic/specialty services ordered by rendering physician at the site in a timely manner, as specified by supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting an appropriate inventory of front office supplies
- Documentation/Information Management: Utilize MIS systems according to policy and procedure. Appropriate care and maintenance of MIS system needs to be observed at all times
- Development: Keep abreast of department policies and procedures by positively participating in staff meetings and inservices (minimum of 8/year)
- Performance Improvement: Participate in CQI and/or quality management activities as identified by supervisor
- Budgetary: Responsible to use equipment and supplies efficiently and to make suggestions for cost cutting initiatives to supervisor
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Two (2) years of experience in medical office
- Knowledge of ICD-9 / CPT Coding
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Typing / keyboarding skills of 45 WPM
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 310960