We are looking for a Medical Assistant-X-Ray Technician with $3,000 Sign-On Bonus for the Urgent Care Center at Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days (Variable)
Under general supervision of the LVN Supervisor, Site Manager and or Radiology Manager this position will assists physician/provider with all general medicine or specialized medical practice duties as a Medical Assistant within the scope of practice. As the limited X-ray Technician perform diagnostic x-rays within their licensure for patients of all ages and assumes responsibility for accuracy under the direction of the radiologist; works effectively with patients and other clinic personnel. The limited x-ray technician is also responsible for all duties relating to the darkroom.
- MA Essential Functions:
- Rooms patients utilizing best practice MA workflow and maintains patient flow per schedule.
- Anticipates patient care needs and consults with provider as needed.
- Documents patient information collected, care given and treatments provided as well as charges in a clear and concise manner in EMR.
- Assists with patient phone messages/tasks and documents in EMR. Conducts callbacks per provider instruction, in an efficient and timely manner while maintaining proper telephone etiquette.
- Organizes, stocks (using a PAR & Trigger system) and maintains an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas.
- Maintains current knowledge of SJHMG clinical policies and procedures.
- Assists with procedures and administers medications within the MA scope of practice and per provider order.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory clinical /business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and assigned committees.
- Maintains current knowledge of medications, waste disposal and sterile techniques.
- Maintains CPR and other appropriate certifications.
- Responds to and participates in all medical emergencies and codes.
- Limited X-Ray Tech Essential Functions:
- Perform diagnostic procedures within licensure; achieving a high level of image quality in a minimal amount of time using correct anatomical markers.
- Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include patient log maintenance, adequate supplies.
- Gathers pertinent previous studies, films, and patient documentation to submit to Radiologist for interpretation.
- Performs visual inspection of image for exposure factors (contrast, density, etc.) to ensure technical quality of digital image.
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to utilize IDX for patient arrival and history retrieval, and Allscripts for charge entry, pt. history, and creating radiology dictation markers.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows.
- High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring approach to helping people.
- Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Demonstrates organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates dependability.
- Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work under general supervision.
- Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently perform and assist Radiologists in diagnosing all patients.
- Ability to demonstrate technical proficiency in producing x-rays with the ability to recognize anatomical structures.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in performing radiology exams according to age-appropriate protocols.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills preferred.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of a State recognized vocational School or equivalent.
- Coursework/Training - MA Diploma.
- Coursework/Training - Certificate of completion from an accredited limited radiology program, including digital training.
Experience: 2 years experience as a Back Office Medical Assistant/Limited X-Ray Tech in an ambulatory care facility or medical group practice.
- XT X-Ray Permit in torso, extremity, chest and digital imaging OR Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Current BLS Certification
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: EMR and IDX experience.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: R340092