We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist Spec for the PTC Humboldt Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
$30,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin on your first day of employment.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
A Pharmacist has completed an accredited Pharmacy school in the United States and/or possesses an active California Pharmacist License. The Pharmacy director acting as Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and each Pharmacist will assume responsibility of the patient care functions that arc governed by the Board of Pharmacy. DEA, and all regulatory state and federal agencies. A Pharmacist employs intellectual. interpersonal and technical skills through the utilization of pharmacy processes to provide expedient and exceptional patient care. The pharmacist functions as a vital member of the healthcare team through independent. interdependent and dependent roles within the healthcare system. Provides age-appropriate care for infant child, adolescent, adult. and geriatric patients.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty PTC supports specialty pharmacy services through partnership with Heritage Medical Group, PSJH Ambulatory Infusion Services, and Outpatient Pharmacy Services. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty PTC works collaboratively with Medical specialists to optimize clinical outcomes associated with complex medication regimens unique to these clinical settings. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty PTC works strategically with third party payors to procure high cost medication therapies, execute prior authorizations, and facilitate the provision of injectable and/or oral medications at strategic locations. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty PTC works strategically with Regional Pharmacy team and 340B leadership to leverage 340B savings and overall financial stewardship associated with high cost medication annual spend. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty PTC provides direct patient care in the course of this role. This includes the following tasks: assessment of drug interactions, medication reconciliation, screening for baseline required vaccines & laboratory testing, monitors for adherence and effectiveness of therapy, counseling and monitoring for adverse reactions and side effects, participate in managing and modifying specialty and supportive medication therapy and ordering laboratory tests according to collaborative practice agreements with referring providers.
- Medication Reconciliation: Accuracy, Efficiency, Actively using all available resources.
- Accurate and Efficient CPOE/Order Entry into the Electronic Medical Record: Actively using MEDITECH, Allscripts, Ochin for Medication Profile review.
- Extensive knowledge of medication dosing and drug interactions for specialty injectable and/or oral medication, as well as supportive medications
- Time Management, Efficiency, Collaboration, Professionalism, Effective Communication.
- Process Improvement and Clinical Development of Program and Skillset: Continuing Education, Policy and Protocol Development, advancement and refinement of role, technologies, processes, communication, patient care.
- Provision of Education: Patient, Pharmacy Services, Medical Staff, Nursing, Interdisciplinary, Community.
- Ambassadorship Patients, Medical Staff, Pharmacy Services, AMT, EMT.
- Strict adherence of regulatory requirements with CA Board of Pharmacy (BOP), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Preceptorship of APPE Pharmacy Students.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, regulatory documents. operating and maintenance instructions. and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrates proficient communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficient pharmaceutical calculations.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability.
- Time management.
- Professional Demeanor and interactions with all colleagues and patients.
- Interpretation and understanding of patient specific medication orders.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with computers and pharmacy software.
- Ability to maintain concentration despite a busy environment with distractions.
- Accuracy when performing duties as a Pharmacist.
- Active participation and skill demonstrated in Emergency patient codes such as Stemi. Stroke, Blue, Trauma.
- Extensive knowledge of medication dosing and drug interactions for specialty injectable and/or oral medications, as well as supportive medications
- Comfort working in multiple outpatient clinics and hospital based settings
- Exceptional communication with all healthcare providers in order to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Comfort interacting with patients and healthcare providers in order to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Comfort and skill interviewing patients, family members, medical providers, and outpatient Pharmacy staff in an effort to facilitate medication reconciliation.
- Collaboration and oversight of prior authorization Technician.
- Proficient at Pharmacy order entry, verification of CPOE, and familiar with RN and MD charting within EMR.
- Strong understanding and adherence to regulatory requirements with CA BOP, CDPH, and HRSA
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Coursework/Training - Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy in the United States.
Experience : Two (2) years of Hospital pharmacy experience.
- Licensed as a California Pharmacist.
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist (APh) Licensure upon hire or within the introductory/training period; no later than 120 days.
- ACLS upon hire or within the introductory/training period; no later than 120 days.
- PALS upon hire or within the introductory/training period; no later than 120 days.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Coursework/Training - Completion of a 1 or 2 year Accredited ASHP residency program or Pharmacy Board certification
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Req ID: R330058