PLEASE ASK ABOUT OUR $5000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The Cardiovascular Tech RCIS primary responsibility is to assist with technical aspects of invasive cardiovascular procedures under the direction of the supervisor and physician.
Your Job Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, science emphasis or commensurate healthcare experience
- Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS certification
- RCIS certified within six months of date of hire
- ARRT and TX RT(R) required in lieu of RCIS
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in teaching and orientation of students and new staff.
- Assists physician as a monitor tech during any procedure performed in the cath lab by interpreting basic and advanced dysrhythmia and EKG’s and operating physiologic recorder, and interpreting normal and abnormal pressures and wave forms.
- Assists physician with most procedures as a scrub tech and operates imaging equipment under direction of physician.
- Assists physician with some diagnostic procedures as a circulator by monitoring patient status during a procedure, handing supplies to the scrub tech, and operating imaging equipment under the direction of the physician.
- Assists with transport of patient to and from department.
- Cleans and stocks cath lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and dosages used.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of procedures.
- Orders supplies for cath lab and demonstrates effective inventory control.
- Post procedure safety removes arterial and/or venous sheath, maintains hemostasis, and monitors patient status.
- Prepares lab for procedure by setting up for procedure and maintaining sterile technique.
- Prepares patient for procedure by shaving and prepping patient and marking arterial pulses.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems.