Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant Registered (Transitional Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS: Document unusual occurrences in 24-hour book. Chart on all residents’ care Q shift accurately. Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur.
- ADMISSION, TRANSFER, AND DISCHARGE FUNCTIONS: Ensure that the resident’s room is ready for receiving the resident (ie, bed made, name tags up, room supplies, etc.). Greet residents and escort them to their room. Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other residents and personnel as appropriate. Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.). Inventory and mark the resident’s personal possessions as instructed. Store resident’s clothing. Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged. Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area. Assist with loading/unloading residents from vehicles as necessary.
- PERSONNEL FUNCTIONS: Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors. Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks. Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift. Meet with your shift’s nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services. Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident. Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from work. Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to your superior.
- PERSONAL NURSING FUNCTIONS: Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty. Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids. Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth,/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.). Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bed bath, tub or shower bath, etc.)as directed. Assist residents with dressing/undressing as necessary. Assist residents with nail care (i.e, clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toenails). (Note: does not include diabetic residents.) Shave male residents. Keep hair on female residents clean, shaven (i.e., facial hair, under arms, on legs, etc.) as instructed. Keep residents dry (i.e., change gown, clothing, linen, etc., when it becomes wet or soiled). Change bed linens. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under the resident. Make beds (occupied and unoccupied). Put extra covers on beds as requested. Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable positions. Assist resident with bowel and bladder functions (i.e., take to bathroom, offer bedpan/urinal, portable commode, etc.) Maintain intake and output records as instructed. Report and record bowel movements and character of stools as instructed. Collect specimens as instructed (i.e., urine, sputum, stools, etc.). Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs, (i.e, church services, parties, visitors, etc.). Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary. Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed. Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed. Provide eye and ear care (i.e., warm/cold compresses, eye/ear instillation, cleaning eyeglasses/hearing aides, etc.), as instructed. Assist in preparing the resident for a physical examination. Weigh and measure residents as instructed. Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPRs), and blood pressure as instructed. Answer resident calls promptly. Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently. Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes. Assist with the care of the dying resident. Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- SPECIAL NURSING CARE FUNCTIONS: Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdown to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores). Report injuries of an unknown source, including skin tears. Provide daily indwelling catheter care. Provide daily perineal care. Assist with the application of slings, elastic bandages, binders, etc. Provide routine Range of Motion Exercises. Record data as instructed. Turn bedfast residents at least every two (2) hours. Monitor disoriented and comatose residents. Record and report data as instructed. Turn all medications found in the resident’s room/possession over to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse. Provide residents with Reality Orientation as instructed. Watch for and report any change in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, etc. to maintenance.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must be Nursing Assistant Registered in accordance with laws of the State of Washington. Must obtain Nursing Assistant Certification within 120 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current CPR certification required for Providence St. Joseph Care Center
- 7.5 hours AIDS-related training required for Providence St. Joseph Care Center
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington compassionately serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in “neighborhoods” and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 307332