Providence is calling a Care Team Scheduler and EMR Representative IHI (Cardiology Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group Montana in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Maintain recall list of pending follow-up appointments for IHI providers.
- Reschedule all no-show and canceled appointments for office visits and all testing for patients.
- Maintain waiting list for provider appointments.
- Schedule all Women’s and Men’s Heart Health appointments for all locations including completing the patient information packets, booking hotel arrangements for the provider, reserving a car if needed and other duties for these appointments.
- Coordinate all outreach clinics and build schedules for each location.
- Schedule approximately 20 different tests and any other special test requested by provider or nursing staff; working with Diagnostic Imaging for additional testing including but not limited to MRI, CT, CTA, Nuclear meds, Ultrasounds, Sleep Studies and outside provider consultations.
- Manage referral work queues for your department.
- Maintain department schedules by correctly scheduling, canceling, reserving or moving patient appointments along with using the correct add-on procedure as demonstrated by IHI; also will need to send out patient registration packets Communicates any and all changes to appropriate department and personnel.
- Become a “Super User” for Epic when needed. Be responsible for building templates for all locations including outreach and other duties that include but are not limited to holding slots for providers or change in the call schedule.
- Coordinate cardiologist, CVL and Echo for appropriate exams.
- Check printer and fax machine output regularly to maintain and disseminate test orders for all testing departments.
- Update patient demographics as needed.
- Ensure current lab work is done in necessary time frame for appropriate exams.
- Call for medical necessity sheets and verifies order accuracy for all testing which will be filed and maintained for pending appointments/testing.
- Maintain productivity standards and accuracy rates and utilizes time efficiently.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of data and information used in the performance of his/her daily duties conforming to hospital policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Must be able to verbally explain the Documentation policy from the SPH Intranet and Medical Staff policies.
- Review all records for accuracy and completeness prior to sending the charts to permanent file.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Background in customer service
- Demonstrated application of hospitality skills in any service
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous healthcare experience highly
- Knowledge of medical terminology
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 306901