Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work in Nursing Float Personnel at Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
The Nursing Assistant Certified is responsible for performing and documenting, as appropriate, specific patient care delivery at the direction and under the supervision of an RN or LPN.
In this position you will:
- Participates in holistic approach in patient care. Standards:
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patients’ emotional, social, and mental health needs.
- Participates in plan of care and appropriately reports pertinent information to team members.
- Identifies adaptations necessary to accommodate age related needs.
- Participates in training for self care according to patient capabilities.
- Assists RN or LPN in physical care of patients. Standards:
- Delivers patient care in a safe and expedient manner.
- Provides bathing, oral care, AM and HS care as directed.
- Changes linens as appropriate.
- Sets patients up for meals and assists with feeding as directed.
- Utilizes correct body mechanics and appropriate lifting devices when transferring/lifting.
- Turns, transfers, ambulates, and positions patients in a safe manner.
- Utilizes appropriate passive range of motion techniques when indicated.
- Assists patients with elimination needs.
- Records Intake and Output accurately.
- Provides water and ice routinely.
- Takes vital signs as directed. Records and reports to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Weighs patients and measures height as directed and correctly documents.
- Answers call lights promptly and responds to patient requests expediently.
- Immediately notifies RN/LPN of change in patient condition or other problems.
- Assists in performing post-mortem care as appropriate.
- Accepts responsibility for the physical appearance of the unit and assures equipment availability. Standards:
- Maintains a clean and safe environment within the unit.
- Picks up clutter and keeps equipment stored neatly and readily accessible.
- Reports equipment repair needs appropriately.
- Maintains a safe environment. Standards:
- Observes all infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Assures patient and visitor compliance with safety precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital emergency procedures and codes.
- Provides adequate protection of patient during care and transport.
- Contributes to an efficient, cohesive, and coordinated unit by using good communication skills.
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Successful completion of a Washington State approved Nursing Assistant Certification Course
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification in the State of Washington with annual renewal
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) certification required upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Nursing Assistant in a patient care setting.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 306752