Providence is calling a Medical Assistant I (Pain and Spine, Days, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certfication, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitoner.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.)
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and clinic/location staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Assist with emergencies as needed under the direction of a licensed practitioner.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organzation and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Training in a clinic setting as a medical assistant
- Required (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM): Incumbent must obtain certification within 180 days of hire: National Certification (AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP).
- Upon hire: Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- Preferred upon hire (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM): Active National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group includes over 30 primary care, specialty clinics and healthcare groups throughout western Montana focused on treating patients at all stages of their lives. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 304948