Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray (Full time/Day shift) for the Providence Medical Institute in Agoura Hills, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant with Limited X-Ray who will implement delegated aspects of care and assist in both direct and indirect patient care and routine diagnostic radiographic services.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures and follows department policies
- Understand and use diagnostic equipment correctly and ensure all equipment is maintained by following department policies
- Perform general medical duties according to the California Code of Regulations for Medical Assisting
- Demonstrate competency in phlebotomy, EKG, sterile technique, patient admission process, medication administration
- Demonstrate competency assisting with advanced clinical office procedures such as treadmills, sigmoidoscopies, holter monitors, minor surgical procedures, laser procedures, colposcopies.
- Maintain a current and adequate inventory of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Be responsible for notifying physician and/or supervisor of any untold events for patients and visitors including clinical findings, falls, reportable information
- Maintaining an orderly and pleasing work space that ensures the integrity and safety of the practice, patients and personnel
- Obtain necessary information to complete the necessary authorizations as directed by insurance companies and physician/provider
- Maintain authorization log and notify patient of receipt of authorization \Within twenty-four hours
- Notify physician/provider of any denials.
- Assist as necessary, with providing accurate ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Perform routine diagnostic radiographic services according to the guidelines set forth by the State of California and the individual's license
- Provide proper radiation protection for patients and staff in accordance with federal, state and relevant department safety standards
- Maintain complete and accurate patient logs that reflect services provided and maintain appropriate labeling and filing of x-ray jackets
- Documentation/Information Management: Utilize MIS systems according to policy and procedure. Appropriate care and maintenance of MIS system needs to be observed at all times
- Leadership/Supervision: Will assist physician/provider in training MA I to advance to assisting in performing advanced clinical office procedures
- Development: Keep abreast of department policies and procedures by positively participating in staff meeting and in services
- Performance Improvement: Participate in CQI and/or quality management activities as identified by supervisor
- Budgetary: Responsible to use equipment and supplies efficiently and to make suggestions for cost cutting initiatives to supervisor
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant training program - or- equivalent education/experience - or- a foreign license RN or LVN
- Current BCLS Card
- ICD-9 I CPT Coding
- Valid CA State Certificate Licensure in Limited Diagnostic Radiology Services
- Chest and either Torso-skeletal or Extremities - or-
- Bone Densitometry and any other advanced modalities (skull) as approved by the appropriate licensing agency
- Able to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Typing/Keyboarding skills of 35 WPM
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- State certification
- One (1) year of experience
About the location you will serve.
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: California-Agoura Hills
Req ID: 304916