Vail HealthVail, Co180 South Frontage Road West | Vail, CO 81657Allied HealthPart-time (Year Around), DaysPosted 07/20/2021Req # 10936Min:$91.98 Max:$170.82To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.POSITION PURPOSE:
The Hospitalist is a key role in the organization and is responsible for clinical management of the Vail Health patients.
To clinically care for adult hospitalized patients, both primary non-surgical management as well as provide consultative services to other physician groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Provide coverage for all patients being seen by the Vail Health Hospitalist group.
- Manage patients through the continuum of hospital care, consults on patients in the emergency department and provides patient care in the PCU and ICU
- Provide consultative services for various physician teams.
- Work with clinical team comprised of registered nurses and care tech.
- Participates in the implementation of appropriate clinical protocols.
- Uses available reports, medical records, and on site observation to review and improve the quality of care delivered by team members.
- Provide training to clinical care tech and registered nursing staff as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of provider coding and documentation.
- Assures medical involvement in the development, approval, and review of all policies, procedures, and protocols governing clinical care.
- Monitor and manage patient satisfaction scores.
- Collaborate with operations team to resolve patient care complaints and grievances.
- Other duties may be required based on hospital specific requirements or needs.
- Attend Quarterly Medical Staff Meetings
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Completion or pending completion of Internal Medicine residency.
Clinical experience in a hospitalist position preferred but not required
A license to practice medicine in the state of Colorado.
A current DEA registration number.
Board Certification/Board Eligibility Internal Medicine.
BLS/ACLS by American Heart Association, required
Completion or pending completion of Internal Medicine residency. Must be BC or BE.
Benefits Summary: This position offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with up to 5% retirement deferral match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, student load assistance, childcare assistance, life and disability insurance, employee assistance program, annual bonus potential, amongst others.