We are looking for a CT Technologist for the Cat Scan - MV Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA (May float to Laguna Beach, CA as needed)
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 10-hour, Days
Under minimal supervision, produces quality and timely CT procedures and provides assessment and care for infants, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients according to physician's orders. Be competent in post processing and able to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy to help provide information to the physicians.
- Performs quality and timely CT procedures demonstrating thorough knowledge of CT equipment to support accurate medical diagnoses, comprising 90% helical and basic axial scanning. Demonstrates the ability to perform psychosocial and development age-related needs of the specific population served. Demonstrates the ability to perform behavioral competencies as indicated on the competency inventory. Resolves problems independently and effectively to ensure optimal patient care obtaining proper end results.
- Adjusts scanning protocols to support radiologist and other medical staff in carrying out their duties in an effective and efficient manner. Demonstrates the ability to perform psychosocial and development age-related needs of the specific population served.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all aspects of paperwork, i.e. chart documentation, including exam ordering and clarification, exam preps and post procedure instructions to the patient. Ability to complete all necessary steps for interpretation of exam in a timely and accurate manner. Demonstrates the ability to perform behavioral competencies as indicated on the competency inventory.
- Completes and accurately demonstrates ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems by either own knowledge or contacting appropriate personnel, i.e. Supervisor, Bio Med or vendors.
- Completes and accurately documents individual and routine assignments independently as required or requested, as well as, performing other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Proactive participation in instructing new personnel and student to ensure proper orientation to department policy and procedure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for routine contact with employees, physicians, patients, and patient’s families.
- Ability to handle intense situations.
- Computer data entry skills to enter patient, procedure, and billing information.
- Basic understanding of physics, math, electronics, anatomy, and medical training.
- Ability to move and position adult and pediatric patients.
- Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to problem solve independently and interpret instructions to obtain proper end results and initiate resolution to conflicts.
- Visual capabilities to observe patients and equipment.
- Excellent radiation safety skills to include wearing lead protection, as well as, protective measures and patient safety measures/precautions.
- Knowledge of contrast material and contrast reactions interventions.
- Ability to perform necessary procedures and knowledge of age specific protocols.
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of orientation, as listed on the unit specific competency inventory.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
- ARRT (R) Radiography.
- ARRT (CT) Computed Tomography.
- Healthcare Provider level BLS.
- Venipuncture certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience : CT experience
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R336869