We are looking for a Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologist for the Positron Emission Tomography Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA (Will float to Laguna Beach, CA as needed)
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 10-hour, Days
Under minimal supervision, performs and documents quality nuclear medicine procedures (invasive and noninvasive) on neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients in a timely manner as ordered by the physician. Supports supervisor and radiologist in carrying out their duties that in turn contribute to an effective an efficient Nuclear Medicine department. Promotes positive working relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other employees demonstrating teamwork to ensure excellent patient care, esprit de corps, and positive comments from all concerned parties.
- Performs all diagnostic procedures demonstrating though knowledge of Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT and SPECT CT with responsibilities associated with sub-specialty technologist. Demonstrate the ability to perform behavioral competencies as indicated on the competency inventory.
- Responsible for sustained knowledge of latest technology in area of specializations, provides input in selection of equipment and assist in developing written protocols for procedures performed.
- Assist in assuring compliance with all regulatory agencies including The Joint Commission, OSHA, CMS and CDPH. Oversees, and monitors daily, weekly and monthly QC is being performed to maintain all standards in Title 17. Solves quality issues, troubleshoots, instruments problems/failures and provides in-service on technical aspects.
- Contributes to department meetings and provides technical input to manager or lead regarding staff performance and provide technical in-service.
- Reviews or delegates review of procedure orders for appropriateness. Assists the manager and lead in maintaining Hospital Information System current with changes and charges for new procedures. Assist with maintaining continuity of operation with PACS, including evaluating operational list.
- Assures department supply par are maintained to ensure smooth operation.
- Acts as an education resource for the staff and other departments.
- Assures that at all times the Nuclear Medicine Department and staff are in a “state of readiness” for State Inspections.
- Travels between facilities to provide coverage as needed.
- Assists with special departmental projects.
- Computer Skills - Microsoft Office, Outlook, NMIS.
- High Proficiency Level as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Medical Terminology.
- Prioritize Workflow.Ability to function performing varied asks while exercising appropriate interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Associate's Degree in Nuclear Medicine.
- Coursework/Training - Participate in continuing education program.
Experience: 1 year experience as a technologist in the area of expertise in a hospital setting and/or Imaging Center.
- CT Certification.
- Healthcare Provide Level BLS.
- ARRT (N) or NMTCB registered or equivalent state license for nuclear medicine technology and CT certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 2 years experience as a technologist in the area of expertise in a hospital setting and /or Imaging Center.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R336873