We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacist Oncology Specialist for the Pharmacy Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
A Pharmacist has completed an accredited Pharmacy school in the United States and/or possesses an active California Pharmacist License. The Pharmacy director acting as Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) and each Pharmacist will assume responsibility of the patient care functions that arc governed by the Board of Pharmacy. DEA, and all regulatory state and federal agencies. A Pharmacist employs intellectual. interpersonal and technical skills through the utilization of pharmacy processes to provide expedient and exceptional patient care. The pharmacist functions as a vital member of the healthcare team through independent. interdependent and dependent roles within the healthcare system. Provides age-appropriate care for infant child, adolescent, adult. and geriatric patients.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty supports Emergency Services through active participation in all emergent patient codes such as Stemi, Trauma, Blue, Stroke and provides ad hoc consultations for patients when warranted. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty works collaboratively with the ED medication reconciliation technician(s) and oversees the Medication Reconciliation processes for all Ell Patients. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialty is an autonomous highly skilled Pharmacist integrated the Emergency department.
- Medication Reconciliation: Accuracy, Efficiency, Actively using all available resources.
- Accurate and Efficient CPOE/Order Entry into the Electronic Medical Record: Actively using MEDITECH, Allscripts, Ochin for Medication Profile review.
- Clinical Performance with Emergency Patient Care: Code Blue, Stemi, Stroke, Trauma, Pediatric, Consultations.
- Time Management, Efficiency, Collaboration, Professionalism, Effective Communication.
- Process Improvement and Clinical Development of Program and Skillset: Continuing Education, Policy and Protocol Development, advancement and refinement of role, technologies, processes, communication, patient care.
- Provision of Education: Patient, Emergency Services, Pharmacy Services, Medical Staff, Nursing, Interdisciplinary, Community.
- Ambassadorship Patients, Medical Staff, Emergency Services, Pharmacy Services, AMT, EMT.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship, Formulary Development, Impact to Clinical Pharmacy Program, CPOE Order Set Development.
- Preceptorship of APPE Pharmacy Students.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, regulatory documents. operating and maintenance instructions. and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrates proficient communication skills.
- Demonstrates proficient pharmaceutical calculations.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability.
- Time management.
- Professional Demeanor and interactions with all colleagues and patients.
- Interpretation and understanding of patient specific medication orders.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with computers and pharmacy software.
- Ability to maintain concentration despite a busy environment with distractions.
- Accuracy when performing duties as a Pharmacist.
- Active participation and skill demonstrated in Emergency patient codes such as Stemi. Stroke, Blue, Trauma.
- Extensive knowledge of emergent medication dosing for Pediatric and Adult populations.
- Comfort working in a stressful and high acuity emergency setting.
- Exceptional communication with all healthcare providers particularly for the sake of emergent patient care need and medication safety.
- Comfort interacting with Patients admitted to the Emergency Department for Acute medical treatment.
- Comfort and skill interviewing patients, family members, medical providers, and outpatient Pharmacy staff in an effort to facilitate medication reconciliation.
- Collaboration and oversight of the ED Medication Reconciliation Technician.
- Proficient at Pharmacy order entry, verification of CPOE, and familiar with RN and MD charting within EMR.
- Pharmacy dispensing of TI-IP and consultation/documentation for emergent patient need in the absence of outpatient pharmacy services.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Coursework/Training - Graduate from an accredited school of pharmacy in the United States.
- Licensed as a California Pharmacist.
- ACLS upon hire or within the introductory/training period; no later than 120 days.
- PALS upon hire or within the introductory/training period; no later than 120 days.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Coursework/Training - Successful completion of Team Stepps training within 1 year.
- Coursework/Training - Completion of a 1 or 2 year Accredited ASHP residency program or Pharmacy Board certification.
Experience : 2 years of Hospital pharmacy experience.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.
Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Req ID: R336587