We are looking for a Computed Tomography Technologist for the Computed Tomography Scan Department at St. Mary Medical Center.
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Work Schedule: On Call/ Per Diem
Shift: 12-hour, Days (Variable)
Performs all duties related to CAT (Computed Axial Tomography) imaging and its related film processing and patient care in the radiology CT unit.
- Applies technical knowledge to provide and evaluate diagnostic all CT images for technical quality assuring department standards are met.
- Maintains all documentation, charge codes, filing, other pertinent information on a daily basis.
- Moves and positions adult, pediatric, neonatal, adolescent and geriatric patients for CT examinations.
- Performs necessary procedures and possesses knowledge of age specific protocol.
- Operates all CT equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Provides radiation protection to self and patient according to California Title 17. Logs radiation dose.
- Transports patients to and from the CT unit observing safety procedures.
- Assists radiologist in administering opaque media according to department policy/procedure.
- Maintains practice of sterile techniques and prevention of cross-contamination and maintains CT area clean and neat.
- Performs all CT procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares patient and supplies, such as contrast media and barium, for all CT procedures.
- Initiates quality assurance activities relative to CT imaging upon request.
- Answers telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Recognizes what additional views (slices) may be needed to provide radiologist with complete information and takes initiative to obtain same.
- Secures, obtains, returns and orders supplies according to medical center/department procedure.
- Works all shifts as assigned including weekends and night call when necessary.
- Takes responsibility to update knowledge through continuing education in radiological technology such as offered via national, state and local professional societies as available.
- Send and view images in PACS to assure accuracy of exam and notes.
- Assists other modalities as needed to improve productivity.
- After hours send to Online Radiologist, expedite report and assure correct area receives report.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound understanding of anatomical cross-section and physiology so that independent selection and modification of technical factors may produce optimal results.
- Highly knowledgeable of CT imaging techniques and quality.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Certified Radiological Technologist (CRT).
- ARRT (CT).
- Current BLS Certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 2 years experience in a hospital setting.
St. Mary Medical Center (SMMC) is an acute care hospital with 213 beds and over 1,750 employees making it one of the region's largest employers serving communities of the High Desert. The facility was constructed in 1956 and joined the St. Joseph Health System in 1992.
This facility has the only Neonatal Care Unit in the High Desert Accredited by California Children Services and has been granted approval as a Special Hospital with the California Children's Services Community Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. St. Mary was accredited as a primary Stroke Receiving Center in 2018, the only stroke-receiving center in the High Desert.
The Services and Clinical Specialties offered at this Hospital are Diabetes Education, Emergency Services, Heart and Vascular Services, Imaging Services, Rehabilitation Services, Respiratory Services, Robotic Surgery Services, Surgical Services, Women & Children's Services and Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Company: St. Mary Medical Center
Category: Radiology Technologist
Req ID: R336446