Our Medical Assistant works under the general direction of the physician with the assistance of the clinical coordinator if applicable; reports directly to the office manager. You will provide health care to individuals and families as instructed by the physician; performs routine clinical procedures as directed by the physician; participates in patient education; enters appropriate documentation into patients’ health record; performs all other duties assigned within the scope of your certification.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program for medical assistants
- National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 DAYS of hire date.
- Certification must remain current and active through-out employment.
- Valid CPR certification
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality and will use complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Implements patient care under the guidance and direction of the physician, nurse and/or clinical coordinator.
- May screen patient phone calls to address patient questions and concerns under the direction of the provider.
- May perform intramuscular, intradermal, or subcutaneous injections when instructed by the physician.
- Assists physicians in providing care to patients and meeting required metrics in accordance with clinic policies, guidelines and other quality review organizations.
- Scanning of medical records, health maintenance reports and other items and assigning to medical provider to approve/sign off on.
- Document all health maintenance, diabetic education and meaningful use measures as needed on each visit.
- Order required preventative diagnostic services or referrals as indicated by office procedures (mammogram orders, colonoscopy referrals)
- Obtain medical request authorization for and preventative/meaningful use/quality measures as needed.
- Update immunizations and offer past due items at each visit.
- Log on to the servers in the clinic rooms daily.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.