We are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Strategist to join our team. As a Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our public relations, education, communications and marketing efforts. You will be working closely with Communications and Marketing team members, under the direction of the Director, Strategic Communications.
The Social Media Strategist works in a busy office environment with frequent deadlines and phone interruptions. Responsibilities may require flexible working hours on occasion. The position may require travel to off-site locations and other community venues.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, implement and manage the Luminis Health social media strategy. Manage and oversee content on all Luminis Health social media platforms and channels. In collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team, ensure integration of all social media communication efforts across the health system. Collaborate with other Luminis Health leaders, service lines, departments and offices as appropriate.
- Serve as the managing editor for Luminis Health’s blog.
- Define most important social media key performance indicators (KPIs). Monitor and report on social media efforts to ensure organizational priorities are being met across all social channels. Manage Luminis Health’s online reputation by monitoring social media and review sites and by developing appropriate responses, in conjunction with Luminis Health leaders, to actively strengthen reputation and improve public perceptions.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Leverage existing, and create new, Luminis Health social media influencers. Manage the Luminis Health Social Media Ambassador Program.
- Network with industry professionals and influencers via social media.
- Oversee social listening to bring forward trends or opportunities and address relevant issues. Facilitate service recovery by addressing comments, complaints and incidents through appropriate response or by triaging to Patient Advocacy and the designated department/leader.
- Create and maintain social media best practice guidelines and training materials to educate, inform and guide employees in social media use.
- Supports media, emergency and crisis communications efforts as necessary. Rotates as 24-hour on-call media/social media representative. Assumes responsibility for special assignments, particularly during crisis or special events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Provides cross coverage to other interdepartmental functions, including communications, media relations, social media, design, web and marketing.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Five years experience as a social media strategist, or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and other social media best practices
- Practical knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and medical/scientific ideas in laypeople’s terms.
- Takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team, with a willingness to assist with routine and last-minute projects.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Healthcare industry knowledge and community knowledge are ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.