Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinic Medical Assistant (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work for specialty clinic s upport at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Swedish Medical Group now offers a one time $5,000 Sign-on Bonus to Certified Medical Assistants newly joining SMG!
In this position you will:
• Escorts patients to examining rooms and assists in determining medical problems by taking vital signs and recording proper information including patient symptoms and concerns in medical chart for physician review.
• Ensures all patient charts are current and up to date with patient history, immunizations, lab or other reports.
• Prepares examination rooms and instruments for examination and testing. Stocks supplies and sterilizes instruments and equipment as required to maintain quality health standards.
• Assists practitioners in the examination and treatment of patients, relays instructions to patient as directed by the practitioner, calls prescriptions to pharmacy, etc.
• Under the supervision of a physician, may give injections, perform blood draws, EKG's, strep tests, other diagnostic tests, remove casts, etc. to ensure quality health care to all patients.
Required qualifications for this position include:
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Work Locations: Edmonds Medical Plaza (WA164) 21616 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026
Req ID: 301083