We are looking for a Physical Therapist for the Physical Therapy Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full-time - 72 biweekly hours
Shift: 8-hour, days
Provides direct patient care services in all assigned areas that includes evaluation, assessment, treatment planning based on the functional needs of the patients, program development, evaluation of the response to care, and readjustment of the treatment plan as required. Plans and provides patient, family, peer and community education and coordinates services with other health cares professionals including interaction with physicians responsible for the care of the patient. The Physical Therapist II also demonstrates advanced skills and functions as a clinical instructor in the development of students and interns. Follows an individualized performance development plan to maintain current knowledge and be competent in critical areas and support program components. Promote hospital goals and objectives.
- Evaluation/Assessment: Performs specialized/diagnoses specific evaluation and reassessment of patients related to movement dysfunctions with various diagnoses as applicable to the program assigned. Demonstrates the ability to collect and analyze data from various sources including soliciting information from patient and family to determine their needs and expectations.
- Interventions: Performs specialized/diagnoses specific interventions which are skilled, creative, purposeful and evidence based. Includes patient/family education to promote improvement in the patient’s functional status.
- Care Planning: Establishes functional goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, contextually relevant and timely. These goals will incorporate the patient’s and/or family needs. Demonstrates the ability to make appropriate and specialized recommendations and/or referrals to facilitate a smooth transition to the next level of care.
- Information Management: Documents all required elements using succinct, skilled appropriate terminology according to program and professional standards. Utilizes critical thinking and data analysis to promote improved functional outcomes. Demonstrates the ability to clearly document the need for skilled services. The billing is completed correctly, in a timely manner using proper billing codes on a daily basis. Completes accurate self billing sheets/audits daily.
- Communication/Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to effectively utilize support personnel through appropriate instruction, direction and monitoring of assigned tasks to ensure quality of care. Actively collaborates in problem solving, sharing information and contributing with other healthcare workers in the design and implementation of patient centered care.
- Time Management: Organizes and prioritizes the daily schedule in the time allotted to ensure all requirements of the day are completed in a timely manner. Meets departmental productivity standards. Floats to varied departments as required by patient care needs. Promotes stewardship through appropriate resource management.
- Department Program/Support: Demonstrates the ability to assist with program support, researching information and problem solving solutions within the department. Actively supports new task forces to improve quality of patient care. Attends assigned meetings/committees with active participation and proactive dissemination of information as appropriate.
- Professional Development: Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading literature, attending related seminars and/or on-line courses; presenting newly acquired knowledge or information to co-workers.
- Promotes hospital/Community Based initiatives: Participates in hospital based programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- Clinical Orientation: Directs/Monitors/Supervises students, interns, registry staff, traveler staff and Therapists NE, given guidance from Senior Staff.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with patients, patients’ families, colleagues, management and physicians.
- Knowledge of professional code of ethics and laws governing the practice of physical therapy in California.
- Ability to supervise certified / licensed assistants and Rehab Aides.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proper body mechanics of lifting, carrying, push/pull techniques to move patients and equipment.
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of orientation, as listed on the competency inventory.
- Good familiarity in the use of medical terminology.
- Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, while dealing with several abstract variables and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of upper level mathematics, algebraic applications and statistical components.
- Knowledge of clinical, psychological and medical rationale for treatment protocols to work with patients of all ages.
- Competence in computers and computer applications.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, CARF, and Title XXII standards.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 1 year clinical experience.
- Current and valid California Physical Therapy License.
- Current certification of completion of training in Healthcare provider BLS (AHA).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Master's Degree - Graduate of an accredited program in Physical Therapy.
- Completed a project or special assignment relate to program or staff development.
- Served as a clinical instructor for interning students and participated in presenting in-services to staff/students.
- Participated in at least one community service event over the past year.
Licenses/Certifications: APTA Member.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: R335551