We are looking for a Rehabilitation Services Aide for the Physical Therapy Department at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under direct supervision of therapist, assists the physical/occupational therapists or therapist assistants in providing treatment for the pediatric, adult or geriatric patient for in-patients and outpatients as needs. Maintains a clean and safe environment for patient care. Performs general clerical duties to assist with smooth daily operations of the department.
- Assisted Therapy: Assists the therapists in implementing an established treatment plan in a safe and effective manner. Able to assist in a manner which maintains a safe environment for staff and patient. Performs patient related tasks as determined by competencies. Notifies therapist or any abnormal/unusual findings of patient conditions, problems or data.
- Technical: Anticipate the therapist's and patient's needs, to assure a smooth flow for patient care. Secure appropriate equipment, i.e. FWW, wheelchairs, linens, socks, modalities. This includes cleaning equipment, preparing treatment rooms or patient rooms and helping to maintain an organized and efficient environment. Applies and removes sequential and/or TED hose as requested. Disconnects and reconnects O2 tubing appropriately. Maintains aseptic technique. Demonstrates appropriate application and removal of restraints. Upon request of therapist applies/reapplies orthopedic devices such as splints, slings and braces at the completion of appropriate training and demonstration of competency. Sets patients up for modalities as requested by therapists and at the completion for appropriate training and demonstration of competency. Demonstrates the ability to meet the psychosocial and development age-related needs of the specific population served.
- Clerical: Performs clerical duties such as filing, faxing, running errands, completing charge slips, and ordering patient related clerical supplies. Maintains a par level of inventory for supplies to care for patients and office supplies as needed. Maintain the necessary materials for patient documentation and treatment. Medical records keeping as indicated and as assigned by the therapist.
- Outpatient: Assembles medical charts and maintains current charts in compliance with hospital standards. Disassembles and routes patient charts to appropriate departments upon discharge. Able to perform front desk coverage: answer phones, schedule patients.
- Data Management: Demonstrates ability to collect data, enter data and management spreadsheets, both in a timely and accurate manner. Able to manage patient schedule and computerized therapist assignment.
- Information Management: Able to access Outlook, Care Net, work orders, PMM. Evidence of ability to manage computerized information.
- Time Management: Organizes time schedule to assure each patient gets the maximum time available and that sufficient time is made to communicate with supervising therapist to receive instructions. Contacts supervising therapist or manager if patient load requires overtime or work load is completed early. Assist with orientation of therapy staff as directed. Seeks to maintain department productivity standard.
- Safety: Maintains safe environment by following JCAHO safety goals. Adhering to all hospital department policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Participates in fall prevention interventions.
- Good communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal to communicate with patients, families, colleagues, and staff.
- Exhibit good listening skills to ensure good communication and work in a collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of patient transfers in a safe manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagrammatic form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Understanding of and knowledge of precautions / contraindications with equipment and treatment.
- Ability to work with patients in a variety of age groups; infants to geriatric.
- Responsible for the well being of patients while on the premises.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strength rating of medium work exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 20-50 pounds of force frequently and / or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force consistently to move patients and equipment.
- Proficient in required competencies upon completion of orientation, as listed on the competency inventory.
- Interest in patient care, steady-even personality, and a high energy-level.
- Computer skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 1 year acute patient care experience, or 6 months experience in a direct care environment in providing clerical support.
Licenses/Certifications: American Heart Association BLS Certification.
At Mission Hospital with locations in Mission Viejo and Laguna Beach, CA our core values of Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes before the bottom line. As a member of Providence Health System, we serve all of south Orange County.
Mission Hospital Mission Viejo is a Level II Trauma Center and is the area's designated regional trauma center. We have Centers of Excellence in heart, maternity, trauma, breast care, spine, vascular, stroke and brain injury.
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach provides local coastal communities with 24-hour emergency department services, medical/surgical services, behavioral health programs including inpatient and outpatient psychiatric and chemical dependency services and an outpatient eating disorder program.
Mission Surgery Center performs approximately 4,500 annual surgeries and provides a safe and convenient outpatient setting. It is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
We've received two Beacon Awards for clinical excellence and in 2012 we received Magnet Designation which recognizes hospitals for top patient care, quality nursing and innovations in nursing and healthcare. We offer a collegial work environment with competitive salaries and benefits.
Mission Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: R335553