Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system .
Providence is calling a Registration Representative (Per-Diem/Variable Shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance in Torrance, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all applicalbe experience.
We are seeking a Registration Representative who will be responsible for day to day greeting and patient registration functions. The duties of this position include greeting patients, registration of non-scheduled patients, activation of pre-registered patients, collection of identified patient financial responsibility, obtaining required signatures from patients or family members and inpatient bed placement activities.
In this position you will:
- Knowledgeable of and able to correctly prepare, process, explain, and distribute all forms applicable to the registration process. Secures all necessary signatures from patients or family members.
- Knowledgeable of the Durable Power of Attorney process and explains to patients. Provide additional resources to patient and/or family if required.
- Knowledgeable of the EPIC and BAR modules. Adequately documents patient accounts.
- Accurately identify Physician mnemonics.
- Correctly code insurance information in order to maximize timely hospital reimbursement.
- Collect patient responsibility as identified by the Patient Access Rep or co-pays identified through Passport system
- Make appropriate referrals of difficult or complicated accounts to the Supervisor or Financial Counselor.
- Register patients daily consistent to the daily inpatient/outpatient census and consistent to the standards for registration.
- Monitor activity in the waiting areas and manage work tasks to as to minimize patient waiting times and reports issues to Supervisor or Lead.
- Perform receptionist/greeter duties at the reception desk as assigned.
- Escort patients to service areas as needed.
- Perform Pre-Registration on patients that are coming in for future appointments and secure authorizations on all patients, as needed
- BED PLACEMENT:
- Work with Physicians, Nursing Units, Emergency Room and Nursing Supervisor to appropriately place patients with a minimum of waiting time.
- Monitor admissions for appropriateness as it relates to insurance, diagnosis, level of care, physician privileges, etc.
- Documentation/Information Management:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of EPIC and received RTE in EPIC and BAR modules of Insurance Verification software. Actively share knowledge and assists in the training of other staff members as assigned.
- Assure the department/organization’s commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of patient information. Information is released consistent with policies and procedures and consistent with the laws concerning consent. Patient information is not discussed in areas where other patients/family members, others employees or the public can hear.
- Provide appropriate documentation on patient accounts as related to the registration functions of the department.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings along with other departmental/hospital-wide training related to daily work.
- Attend classes outside of the work setting to enhance job related skills.
- Performance Improvement:
- Has an understanding of the organization’s performance improvement methodology. Communicate any services difficulties to supervisor and proposes and develops solutions and remedies. Actively participate in process improvement activities, i.e., WorkOuts as assigned.
- Aware of and sympathetic to the departmental budgetary constraints and is pro-active in looking for ways to conserve and increase efficiency.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One year experience in a health care setting
About the hospital you will serve. Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women’s and Children’s Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 295031