We are looking for a Physical Therapist for the Physical Therapy-O-P Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Physical Therapist identifies health improvement opportunities, provides interventions for existing and emerging problems, preventing or reducing the risk of additional complications and promotes wellness and fitness to enhance human performance as it relates to movement and health. Interventions include assessment, setting functional goals, treatment planning/implementation, education, and communication to address the needs of the patient/client and caregivers. The Physical Therapist works with interdisciplinary and ancillary health care providers to ensure optimal continuum of care. Performs all duties under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates application of job knowledge by comprehensively assessing the functional needs of the patient, selecting appropriate therapeutic interventions, and setting appropriate short-term/long-term goals. Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, provides education and consults with interdisciplinary team. Reassesses patient’s functional needs, and modifies care plan as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcome.
- Delivers physical therapy services in a variety of settings. Physical therapy services include but are not limited to: Evaluation/treatment of issues pertaining to strength, range of motion, balance, mobility, neuromuscular status, age-appropriate developmental activities, community reintegration, safety awareness, endurance, cognition, pain, body mechanics and ergonomics, edema/lymphedema, wound status, residual limb management and urinary incontinence.
- Provide patient/caregiver education and training.
- Documents appropriate, accurate, and functional information in a timely manner.
- Adheres to rules regarding APTA standards of practice, code of ethics, guide for professional conduct, and applicable federal/state guidelines. Knowledgeable of regulatory guidelines pertaining to medical necessity, sustained functional improvement, reasonable frequency/duration of treatments, and documentation procedures. Seeks information, resources and training to ensure updated clinical skills and adherence to financial/regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective communication/interpersonal skills with patients/clients, coworkers, community members, students and volunteers. Creates and sustains positive working relationships including constructive conflict resolution. Shows respect and sensitivity for diverse people and viewpoints.
- Demonstrates adaptability and accountability by responding resourcefully to new demands and challenges, by accepting responsibility for individual and team activities, and by anticipating problems. Shares recommendations, perspectives and solutions with supervisor after identifying opportunities to improve.
- Demonstrates effective planning and time utilization through ability to plan/prioritize/organize/coordinate workload through collaboration with Rehabilitation Services and interdisciplinary staff. Produces quantity of work that is appropriate for position/experience.
- Demonstrates stewardship and customer focus by seeking to understand unique needs of each individual. Responds quickly/effectively to problems that arise.
- Has access to and administers and/or handles medications according to this position's license or certification standards and Medical Center policy
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Clinical skills.
- Regulatory/Reimbursement skill.
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy Scope of Service
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
- Current California Physical Therapist license.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Experience delivering Physical Therapy Services in a variety of settings.
For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of providing high quality and caring service is founded on four core values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity. These central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology available. Because we have such high standards of care, our programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with university hospitals.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: R334379