Medical Lab Technician - (210001FK)
The Medical Lab Technician will perform routine laboratory tests, records and report results according to established procedures. Set up and maintain
equipment; monitor quality control standards. He/She will perform routine clerical and service duties as required. Duties may vary according to assigned area or shift.
High School Diploma or GED (Required) And
Vocational Education completion of a 2 year (or greater) vocational/technical training program (Required)
Associate's Degree (Preferred)
Basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and divison)
Technical and Reporting Skills
- Perform routine technical procedures as assigned following standard operation protocols.
- Report test results in writing, orally and/or by computer according to established procedures.
- Document and maintain results record.
- Verify test results performed by Laboratory Associates before release when technologists are not available.
- Operate instruments, perform performance checks, calibration, preventive maintenance, basic troubleshoot following written guidelines.
- Identify problems and notify technologists of unresolved problems.
- Identify technical and patient-related problems or discrepancies.
- Resolve problems with technologist’s assistance and documents resolution.
- Perform and report QC procedures.
- Report problems to Technologist and assist with trouble shooting and documentation of the resolution.
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Supply Maintenance and Specimen Collection
- Prepare samples appropriately for analysis.
- Store and preserve specimens.
- Assist with monitoring supply inventories; receive and stock supplies.
- Collect blood specimens from patients by venipuncture and capillary method.
- Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
- Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
: District of Columbia-WASHINGTON
Sheikh Zayed Campus
111 Michigan Avenue
: Allied Health
: Patient Services
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Mid-morning start time; rotating weekends
: Jun 15, 2021, 7:11:35 AM