Indian Creek Main, Westwood Medical Pavilion - West
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Mammography Tech involves direct patient care with all mammography procedures: screening and diagnostic mammograms, breast stereotatic biopsies, needle localizations and other interventional procedures related to the breast. Mammographer must be current with all credentials, continuing education, CPR and compliant with all ACR, MQSA/FDA requirements. Mammorgrapher must also be proficient in several computer based software programs and able to assist clerical and nursing staff that is within the scope of the breast imaging practice.
- Acts as a mentor and trainer to new employees and assists clerical and nursing staff as needed.
- Assists with duties associated with contacting and following up with patients, tracking critical information for performance improvement and ensuring that the reporting radiologist has all necessary information. Also knowledgeable in patient education of all breast center exams and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of each patient.
- Knowledgeable and capable of performing mandatory MQSA/FDA and ACR regulations and requirements.
- All licensing and credentialing including CPR, is the responsibility of the employee to keep up to date. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Responsible for completion of mandatory educational assignments as provided by supervisor or senior supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, completes PSN when needed, ensures proper hand washing and sterile techniques when applicable.
- May be called upon to assist other medical staff with patient support. -
- Performs all aspects of direct patient care while performing all breast imaging exams/procedures.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and departmental materials using a variety of office equipment and software programs; competent with breast imaging and hospital computer programs.
- Uses breast imaging equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technologist Program
- ARRT (R) (M) Certification
- Kansas State Licensure
- Maintain ACR/FDA volume competencies
- 3D Tomosynthesis training
- Stereotactic breast biopsy training.
- 1year of experience in Mammography
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.