The Medical Assistant works under the general direction of the Physician or Nurse. You will provide healthcare to individuals and families as instructed by the physician. The MA will perform routine clinical process as directed by the physician you will also participate in patient education, enter appropriate documentation into patient charts and perform other duties assigned within the scope of your licensure.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- 2+ years of professional medical assisting in a practice setting is preferred.
- National/Registered Medical Assistant Certification or obtained certification within 90 days of hire date.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Extensive standing and walking; frequent exposure to potentially infectious agents, communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a physician’s office; requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality, and will use complete discretion when discussing patient information.
- Implement patient care under the guidance and direction of the all physicians, ma’s and/or. Office Manager(s).
- May screen phone calls during triage under the supervision of a physician. Will function as a patient screener only, and will not make medical decisions during the triage process. Any triage phone call or face-to-face triage situation requiring a medical decision will be immediately referred to a physician.
- May perform intramuscular, intradermal of subcutaneous injections with complete documentation.
- Assists physicians and/or MA’s in providing nursing care to patients in accordance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Takes patient history and vitals.
- On a monthly bases check for expired medication, keeping appropriate documentation and disposal.
- Responsible for unpacking and maintaining medical supplies and vaccines and keeping supply closet organized.
- Assist in Rx refills via Fax, E-Rx or phone calls and updating in the patient medication module.
- Demonstrates an extensive working knowledge and practice of infection control procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects all instruments and maintain QA reports for the autoclave.
- Other job duties as assigned.