Providence is calling a Clinical Nutrition Team Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) to our Home Services Building in Portland, OR
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire System .
We are seeking a Clinical Nutrition Team Coordinator who will serve as a member of the Clinical Nutrition team, and is independently responsible for patient-centric duties including managing new referrals and coordinating intake processes. This position serves as primary liaison in assisting patients, referral sources and other callers with home nutrition service needs including the collection of clinical documentation, nutrition orders, supportive materials and coordination to start of care. Success within this role eases the patient's (and other family members) way from the hospital/care facility to the patient's home with an efficient and timely referral process.
In this position, you will:
- Manage complex intake process for new referrals/patient transfers including: collecting data from hospital liaisons/doctor’s offices, transmitting referral information to insurance verification/authorization team, relaying benefit information to patients, scheduling teaches with dietitian and gathering all necessary new start paperwork and supplies needed to onboard patients successfully.
- Coordinate hospital/facility discharge planning and onboarding to clinical home nutrition services by maintaining a rolling list of all current patient referrals. Schedules teaches with patients and dietitians based on availability and needs. Responsible for accurate entry of all patient information into the electronic medical record, including active, signed therapy orders.
- Manage active patient census and other pertinent population data statistics. Uses logistics to run reports on patient-dietitian assignments, formula usage, therapy types and regional support needs based on patient home address and then takes necessary action based on data metrics
- Responsible for accurate entry of all patient information into the electronic medical record, including active, signed therapy orders. Actively engages in ensuring applicable clinical support documentation is complete and accurate. Participates in payor audit requests, researches financial inquires and troubleshoots billing denials
- Partner with billing team to ensure all patient accounts are in good standing, all charges have been captured and necessary documentation is available in the electronic medical record to guarantee accurate and timely billing. Participate as an active member of monthly billing team meetings to review patient accounts and additional billing needs
- Manage the discharge process when a patient has completed therapy, including completing all required documentation in the electronic medical record and associated equipment returns.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with pharmacists, nurses, physicians, dietitians, billing, clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, couriers, vendors and patients/caregivers to facilitate accurate, safe care for the patient at all times.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pharmacy Assistant license required within 60 days of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in home infusion or home health.
- Customer service experience.
- One (1) year experience in medical office setting.
- Computer experience with Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Customer Service, Call Center, Receptionist, entry level, Bachelors degree, insurance, healthcare, office support, business, healthcare administration, healthcare business
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 297557