We are looking for a PACS Administrator for the Heart Center Administration department at St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Location Orange, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days (Variable)
Responsible for overall analysis, system design, development, and support of the various complex computer applications and systems in the Department of Diagnostic Imaging. This position also maintains applications security, maintains both internally developed and vendor supplied executables within the appropriate executable paths. This position organizes, trains, monitors and implements information system projects. This position assists the Imaging Directors in the operations of the PACS system for Imaging and Cardiology Departments.
- Ensures data integrity and validity of applications and systems.
- Oversees and coordinates the testing and installation of new releases and upgrades of clinical applications.
- Develops and coordinates conversion/migration plans and schedules with appropriate individuals.
- Develops backup and implementation strategies to minimize system down time.
- Provides appropriate application security levels to protect the database and administers the appropriate security levels for all customers.
- Tunes applications to improve response time and minimize down time.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT/SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES: Demonstrate common knowledge and is able to use the Project Management Institute standards for successful project management including:
- Integration Management:
- Have a general knowledge of all ten competencies needed for successful projects.
- Manage within the internal and external environment.
- Manage Projects throughout the life cycle.
- Scope Management:
- Manage project authorization.
- Define and plan project scope.
- Manage project scope.
- Time Management:
- Develop project schedule.
- Manage project schedule.
- Analyze time management outcomes.
- Quality Management:
- Develop quality requirements.
- Human Resource Management:
- Management project organization and staffing.
- Implement staff training and development.
- Manage staff performance.
- Lead the project team.
- Communications Management.
- Technology Management:
- Ensure proposed IT solution fits within overall Providence IT architecture.
- Manage assigned technical resources to ensure timely project.
- Serves as a customer department liaison and principal Information Services contact for project related activity.
- Provides customer with information necessary to enable customer's ability to make informed business decisions involving Information Technology.
- Business Knowledge - Understands Providence Health and Services business as demonstrated by:
- Having in depth knowledge of the Providence Health and Services organizational structure, as displayed in the PH&S organizational chart.
- Familiarity with the PH&S strategic plan and the short and long-term implications of the plan in relation to new and existing projects.
- Understanding of PH&S Mission and Core Values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Excellence, and Stewardship.
- Knowing the overall structure of Regional I/S learning which departments impact your area.
- Having a general knowledge of the workflow and business processes.
- Proven leadership skills, project management skills, and the ability to manage a team of IT analysts is required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage and lead multiple complex projects simultaneously from conception, schedule, design, and testing, though implementation is required.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, coworkers, and clients.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data into database and spreadsheet programs via keyboard and scanned file.
- Ability to meet time-framed deadlines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of caregivers including physician, supervisory and staff.
- Ability to gather and report accurate information in a succinct manner.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT/SKILLS
- Technical Skills:
- Hardware: In depth understanding of the hardware technology required to input, process, and transport information within a single facility and throughout the enterprise, as demonstrated by:
- Assisting the customer in understanding the technology needed for the project and its effects on their current and future operations.
- Consults and provides recommendations to customers, staff and management on system design issues for both existing and proposed information systems.
- Working with the Support Center to establish post implementation support for new and existing equipment, including backup and recovery plans.
- Software: In depth understanding of the current operation systems/software application environments and the potential effects that solution may have on the current environment as demonstrated by:
- Working with the various application analyst/specialists and technical staff to create an effective test environment to minimize any negative impacts on existing operational systems. Assisting the customers, application analyst/specialists, and technical staff in developing a support plan for post implementation
- Working with the customer, vendor and interface team to define, test, and implement the needed interfaces to maximize the effectiveness of new or modified systems
- Facilities/Environment: In depth understanding of the facility/environment requirements needed to support and operate IT equipment, as demonstrated by:
- Working with the customer and technical staff in defining HVAC and electrical requirements needed to support moved or new equipment.
- Assisting the customer and technical staff in defining needed data and network cabling upgrades and changes needed to support new or existing projects.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Timely and accurate written project status reporting.
- Timely response to electronic communications (email).
- Maintaining accurate project documentation for post implementation review and quality assurance.
- Using language and technical detail appropriate for audience.
- Consistently documenting project issues and changes to keep the project on track and the sponsor and project team informed.
- Using post implementation surveys to garner customer feedback on the positive and negative aspects of the implementation.
- Timely and accurate verbal status reports on evolving situations, problems, and solutions.
- Effectively presenting and gathering information at project meetings and at other situations where information is presented.
- Timely response to voice mail messages.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills by:
- IS Team Involvement/Interaction:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the various IS teams (via manager and peers).
- Aligning, communicating and functioning efficiently in a team environment.
- Demonstrating positive interpersonal skills in resolving situations experienced by others in department and/or volunteering time, knowledge and skills to assist others.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years work related experience in the Information Technology field.
- 5 years work related experience in the Diagnostic Imaging field.
- Current experience in installation of a PACS System at a major medical center.
- 3 years Supervisory experience.
- Experience in the use of desktop software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and MS Access.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Compassion. Dignity. Justice. Excellence. Integrity.
These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting.
As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community.
When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one "America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteem recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care.
A haven that feels like home.
St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings.
Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital!
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Category: Clinical Data
Req ID: R332741