Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system .
Providence is calling a Courier (Per diem/Variable shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro Hospital in San Pedro, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all applicable experience.
We are seeking a Courier who will be responsible delivering patient meals to two-off subacute locations. Clean, sanitize the truck, equipment andwork areas. Employee must be able to relate to and work with all ages from neonatal to gariatrics.
In this position you will:
- CORE VALUES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Demonstrate a team-oriented, considerate and flexible approach towards job
- Display flexibility, team spirit, honesty, politeness and accountability when dealing with customers
- Respect the opinions of others and promotes team efforts
- ADHERE TO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Maintain an acceptable attendance standard not to exceed HR Policy
- Actively create a safe environment and functions with a constant awareness of safety issues identified including immediately reporting any unsafe conditions found.
- Follow department dress code
- Willing to make schedule changes and/or work additional hours during staffing shortages.
- Comply with all department and organization procedures policies. Has a working knowledge of facility safety, disaster manuals and department manual.
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS
- Job task assigned may include some or all of the following:
- Follow all department sanitation procedures, on a daily basis
- Wash and disinfects all equipment
- Report equipment malfunction and temperature abnormalities to the supervisor
- Document all temperature recordings before and after cart delivery
- Load truck and deliver meals between both sites in a safe and timely manner
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Deliver food carts safely to the designated areas and plugs them in the retherm unit
- Inventory, assess and calculate nourishment orders and stocks patient kitchens with appropriate items
- Demonstrate compliance of regulatory agency's safety and sanitation rules and regulations
- Receive communications from Nursing and processes or forwards to the diet office precisely and responds appropriately to the Nursing Staff.
- Prepare hot beverages accurately for patient trays; obtain frozen beverages and places accurately on patient trays
- Perform other duties as assigned
- DOCUMENTATION/INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Communicate work-related problems to a supervisor in a timely manner
- Communicate to others in a calm, tactful and professional manner
- Seek clarification when unsure of a procedure
- Report any malfunctions of all equipment immediately to a supervisor
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Transporter will monitor EVS worker that is in charge of the A La Carte
- Demonstrate a positive approach to job changes
- Able to adjust work output to fluctuating job demands
- Willing to learn different tasks
- Willing to work in all areas if needed during staffing shortages
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
- Able to recognize potential problems and take appropriate action
- Accept responsibility for actions and willing to take action to resolve problems
- Willing and able to train new employees
- Attend all meetings and in-services when on duty
- Demonstrate understanding of the job and its requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of disaster procedures, body mechanics, proper use of equipment ad cleaning agents, fire safety and MSDS.
- Exercise care when using food, chemical and paper supplies
- Perform duties in time allotted
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Driver's License with good driving record
- Requires the ability to drive the dietary truck
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families, visitors, hospital staff and co-workers
- Requires the ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months institutional food preparation experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART “Certificate of Excellence” for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 290180