Providence is calling a Client Services Representative to the Regional Core Laboratory at Providence Office Park in Portland, OR. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), day shift position.
We are seeking a Client Services Representative that will be a member of the team that supports the Oregon and Southwest Washington region and is responsible for being the first line of communication with a variety of customers, including healthcare providers, patients and other Laboratory Services staff. The representative is integral to providing accurate and timely information in support of patient care.
Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact to patients and healthcare provider
- Research and respond to their questions, concerns and needs
- Provide education as appropriate and functioning as a liaison, knowledge source, problem solver and advocate for the customer
- Exhibit excellent telephone etiquette and provides superior service to meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
- Communicate effectively with compassion and sensitivity, anticipating the needs of patients, families, physicians and their staff, co-workers, supervisors and other PH&S departments
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, lab staff and external customers to support patient care
- Able to to handle high volume of customer calls daily while maintaining excellent telephone etiquette and a positive attitude
- Communicate customer trends to Client Services Supervisor and Client Services Coordinator
- Remain poised, professional, and tactful during medically urgent situations, adapting to unusual circumstances to promote cooperation and minimize disruptions to patient care
- Technical skills:
- Perform data entry, review and database maintenance in a variety of software applications with focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Use basic computer skills to utilize knowledge database and resources as applicable to answer customer inquiries
- Use multi-line phone, headset and fax appropriately to meet the needs of the caller and department
- Work Values and Business Knowledge:
- Meet or exceed productivity standards and quality metrics assigned to the department
- Adapt to change or unusual circumstances in a way that promotes cooperation and minimizes departmental disruption
- Willing to adjust work schedule as business needs require
- Maintain a neat work area and an orderly, non-disruptive environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork, offering assistance to others and carrying fair share of the workload
- Utilize time effectively and minimizes non-essential interruptions
- Adhere to all Laboratory department standards
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- High School Diploma -OR- GED
- One (1) year of Customer service experience in a high volume customer facing environment, with a proven track record of learning and adaptability to frequent changes
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to make quick and accurate judgments to address various situations
- Able to type 30 wpm or more
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of personal computers & current applications
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Two (2) years of Call Center experience
- Two (2) years of Laboratory background from an equivalent high volume, reference or acute care laboratory, with knowledge of specimen handling, collection requirements, and general laboratory workflow
- Solid, basic proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel highly
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 299057