Providence is calling a Patient Care Representative II (Full-Time/Day Shift) at Providence Saint Johns Medical Foundation in Santa Monica, CA.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Patient Care Representative II who will be responsible for patient management, the flow of patients through the front office in an efficient and professional manner, the accurate coding of services rendered and over the counter cash management, management of patient charts and information, eligibility verification of insurance benefits, electronic appointment scheduling and patient registration, collection and submission of billing charge slips and other special projects as required.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Answer phones promptly and courteously
- Screen and direct phone calls appropriately
- Provide a timely response to routine inquiries
- Take accurate and complete messages, and forwards them promptly and accurately
- Schedule patients in a timely and accurate manner
- Complete the patient check-in process, to include greeting patients, managing the patient sign-in sheet, obtaining accurate and current patient contact and insurance information, ensuring that a current copy of the patient’s insurance card is on file, initialing the patient registration form and superbill to confirm the completeness of insurance information, and collecting patient co-payments
- Complete the patient check-out process, to include maximizing collections by following department policies and procedures, reviewing the patient superbill for completeness, communicating follow-up instructions to the patient, scheduling the patient’s next appointment, or completing a patient recall card, and performing charge entry functions
- Maintain an orderly and pleasing work space in order to ensure the integrity, efficiency, and safety of the practice, patients, and personnel
- Maintain PAR levels for office supplies and submits orders as needed
- Maintain equipment supplies and service
- Coordinate with other departments to troubleshoot offices related issues, e.g. IS, Clinical Engineering
- Act as a liaison with the building manager for practice site facilities maintenance
- Scan and links text/images in Electronic Medical Record, when available
- Documentation/Information Management
- Utilize systems according to policy and procedure
- Appropriate care and maintenance of system needs to be observed at all times
- Strictly adheres to privacy practices and release of information procedures
- Back office duty (light) and assistance with rooming patients to facilitate flow
- Act as a liaison with the billing company to assists patient to reconcile billing questions or issues
- Act as champion or site lead to facilitate roll out of new business systems or processes
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality
- Positive public relation image and working relationships
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence and certifications
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs, CPR, infection control and annual physical
- Comply with Medical Foundation, department and unit standards, including but not limited to safety, infection control, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, and patient care
- Participate in the development and attainment of team, department and hospital goals including:
- Attending and participating in division meetings
- Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects
- Mission, vision and team ground rules
Required qualification in this position includes:
- Two (2) years experience in medical office
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy
Preferred qualification in this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Electronic health record (EHR) experience
- Spanish Speaking
- Expertise in CPT and ICD.9 coding
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. As part of this growth, Providence Saint John’s Medical Foundation came into flourishing. Saint John’s Medical Foundation is an integrated, not-for-profit network of medical clinics and affiliated services, servicing the greater Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The Foundation is expected to continue to grow in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 288717