Providence is calling a Dietitian-Community - Teaching Kitchen (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Milwaukie Hospital in Milwaukie, OR
We are seeking a Dietitian-Community - Teaching Kitchen who will use evidence-based, nationally recognized clinical nutrition standards of care to assess patient nutritional needs, identify and recognize patients who are at risk for food insecurity, provide medical nutrition therapy, diabetes education, and develop tools to implement sound eating plan for patients to promote optimum nutrition intake and health maintenance. Utilize nutrition-related information systems and patient medical record systems to successfully coordinate patient nutrition care. Counsel and teach patients, family and care providers principles of the nutrition plan, counseling and supporting patients and clients as needed, taking into account individual patients' special cultural, religious, resource, physical or age-related needs.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- The dietitian demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to consistently provide care appropriate to the age and culture of the patient including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to the age-specific needs, and to provide care as described in the departments standards of care.
- Identify, define, develop and implement and monitor the nutrition care plan to meet identified patient nutrition-related outcomes. Within scope of dietitian order writing privileges approved by the medical staff, alters patient orders to enable positive patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Monitor, Identify and manage ongoing patient nutritional needs, recommending appropriate modifications in medical nutrition therapy as indicated or writing orders within scope of order writing privileges to alter nutrition therapy. Implements medical staff approved nutrition protocols to provide optimal patient care.
- Clearly documents nutrition plans in medical record following standards of care and approved paper and electronic charting formats. Contact and communicate verbally with physicians when the patient nutrition condition requires rapid physician response. Document and bring all patients with nutrition related concerns to the attention of the physician in a timely manner using departmental standard processes.
- Assist in the development of educational programs and literature to support healthy nutrition habits and life styles
- Maintain and enhance personal expertise through appropriate educational experiences assimilating new knowledge into practice.
- Maintain registration with American Dietetic Association and Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists
- Communicate using the managing up tool to further departmental and professional activities and advocate for quality nutrition practice and patient care.
- Respond consistently and in a timely manner to electronic mail and pages for work related communications.
- Maintain and supports health system Standards of Behavior in all interactions with colleagues, patients and guests.
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition, approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- License to practice in the State of Oregon required.
- Certified as Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- One(1) year Experience in clinical setting for generalist.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Dieticians and Clinical Nutrition Specialists (Licensed)
Req ID: 297845