Providence is calling an Interventional Rad Tech in the Cath Lab for a Full-Time/Day Shift at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system
We are seeking an Interventional Cath Lab Radiology Technologist who will operate radiographic equipment to obtain radiographic images of designated portions of the body to include cardiovascular, peripheral, endovascular, and neurological systems. Perform all phases of cardiac, peripheral, vascular, and neuro-interventional to patients in Cardiac Cath Lab in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will:
- Start up and shuts down Radiology and clinical equipment Dr, Dr, Digitizing equipment, clinical computers and tablets.
- Including the proper start up, warm up, quality assurance procedures as well as advanced calibrations for DR equipment.
- Diagnostic Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Generate high quality exams in forms of X-rays using proper exposure techniques, positioning, lead shielding, and collimation.
- Communicate well with patients to verify correct patient identification, exam ordered, and pregnancy screening.
- Import, export, and digitize digital and plain film exams into SMOG’s PACS as well a prints films or copies exams to CDs.
- Provide patients with proper consent forms, confidentiality, patient care, and professional safe environment while in radiology.
- Enter patient data correctly into PACS, documents exam done in patient chart, as well as matches outside exams ID to match SMOG’s.
- Prepare equipment and supplies in addition to reviewing medical history prior to administering contrast media and other medications within scope of practice.
- Document procedures into appropriate systems and edits statistical information in radiology information system
- Assist with clerical and non-technical duties necessary to department operations such as maintaining and cleaning patient care equipment per infection control standards, evaluating inventory levels to ensure appropriate par levels. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions in a timely manner.
- Stay current on Radiology Licenses, continuing education requirements and always follows HIPAA, Radiation Protection, and SMOG Guidelines.
- Comply with clinic, department and unit standards including, but not limited to, safety, CPR, infection prevention, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, and patient care.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence and certifications.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs and annual physical.
- Participate in the development and attainment of team, department and hospital goals including:
- Attending and participating in division meetings.
- Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects.
- Mission, vision and team ground rules.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Completion of AMA Approved Radiologic Technologist training program
- Approved RCIS training program or Cath Lab specific on-the-job training
- Fluoroscopy License, Certified by State of California
- ARRT, CRT, Current CA Fluoroscopy License
- ACLS, BLS, CPR
- Minimum 1 year Cath Lab/IR Experience
- Knowledge and ability to perform basic computer skills to troubleshoot X-ray DR, CR, and computer and table issues for proper diagnostic qualities.
- Extensive PACS knowledge of SMOG’s PACS required for efficiency when assisting staff and doctor’s use of PACS when they are having complications, viewing exams, need information changed, or need to utilize more advanced features on their workstations as related to radiology.
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to work effectively with many people at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize.
- Ability to clearly communicate with internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and visitors.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy in accordance to hospital policy.
- Ability to operate Fluoroscopy equipment.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint John’s Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John’s Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines. The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Radiology Technologist
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 286859