We are looking for a Senior Ultrasound Technologist for the Ultrasound HH Department at NorCal HealthConnect.
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 16 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under the direction of a staff radiologist or cardiologist, prepares patients for and performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations for subsequent evaluation by the radiologist or cardiologist. Operates ultrasound imaging and other related equipment, sends images to PACS, prepares exam room, and maintains equipment and supplies. Transports patients to and from the department in a safe manner with wheelchairs or gurney if needed. Available for standby as required. Assists as directed or assigned with the department performance improvement program.
- Uses the appropriate means of patient transportation with all of the necessary patient support equipment or supplies.
- Thoroughly explains procedures to the patient, alleviates fear and anxiety, and answers patient’s questions clearly and completely to the patient’s satisfaction, prior to exam.
- Uses appropriate independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information on each exam performed. Evaluates and communicates diagnostic information to radiologists , cardiologists, or attending physician when appropriate.
- Observes patient during procedures and reports unusual occurrences or changes in condition to the appropriate personnel.
- Takes images and archives images, accurately completes worksheets and other related documents, and submits completed exam to the radiologist or cardiologists for interpretation.
- Follows Hospital’s policy and procedures in the release of patient information.
- Maintains proper sterile techniques, practices aseptic techniques and strictly follows isolation, Infection Control and universal precautions/procedures.
- Ensures preventive maintenance measures are completed at the proper intervals as designated by equipment manufacturer. Ensures equipment is ready for use. Inspects equipment for physical and mechanical hazards. Reports deficiencies promptly.
- Works efficiently and copes with emergency procedures quickly, effectively, and professionally.
- Communicates effectively and consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to patient needs.
- Practices universal precautions and hand washing technique per our hospital wide policy.
- Follows procedures when performing clerical functions (i.e., film check out/in, patient registration, procedure and supply charging, etc.
- Thoroughly explains procedures to patients and or family and answers questions prior to exams.
- Uses available supplies and equipment to keep patients safe and comfortable and to protect their privacy. Checks supplies level and removes outdated supplies.
- Plans and utilizes work time for optimum personal productivity and the efficiency of the department.
- Works In PACS, HMS, Med Info to scan need patient documents and verify procedures performed on patient correctly and with pertinent histories
- Ability to effectively operate sonographic equipment.
- Ability to evaluate sonograms in order to acquire appropriate diagnostic information.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each exam performed.
- Ability to evaluate, synthesizes, and communicates diagnostic information to the attending physician if appropriate.
- Ability to follow established department protocols and procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and healthcare team; excellent interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Computer and writing skills.
- Preferred: Ability to improve ultrasound knowledge by attending continuing education classes and learning new modalities when possible
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of school of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Experience: 2 years experience in acute care setting, or Clinical internship for at least 6 months
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS ).
- Requires completion of ARDMS for general medical sonographers in two specialties such as Abdominal, OB, or Vascular technologist (RVT)
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 2 years experience in acute care setting.
- Experience with various manufacturers and models of ultrasound units.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Ultrasound Technologist
Req ID: R334863