We are looking for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist with the PTC Sonoma Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Schedule: Full Time - 80 biweekly hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist works as an essential team member of the multidisciplinary patient care team in delivering optimal pharmaceutical care to patients. In collaboration with other members of the patient care team, clinical pharmacy specialist shares the responsibility for patient safety and treatment outcomes by providing comprehensive medication management services. Clinical Pharmacy Specialist is a pharmacy leader with strong knowledge of their respective clinical specialty. Specialist must possess ability to work independently in identifying process improvement deficiencies as well as developing and implementing action plans to improve quality of patient care.
- The pharmacist prospectively evaluates all drug therapy for the following: appropriate indications, drug dosages, drug interactions, and drug allergies; monitors the patient’s pharmacotherapeutic regimen for effectiveness and Adverse Drug Events (ADE) or intolerances; intervenes as needed.
- The pharmacist participates in daily rounds as a member of the multidisciplinary patient care team to provide comprehensive pharmacotherapy management for their patients that includes order verification, pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring, medication safety reviews, medication reconciliation, discharge counseling etc.
- The pharmacist specialist is a medication expert, through advanced clinical training or experience in a specific pharmacy clinical field, responsible for educating providers, pharmacists, and nurses.
- The pharmacist documents clinical activities in patient chart that include, but are not limited to, assessment of treatment options for all chronic and acute conditions, therapeutic interventions and recommendations, general pharmacotherapeutic monitoring, pharmacokinetic monitoring, ADEs, education, follow-ups, and other relevant patient care information.
- Rotates to central pharmacy and other patient care area shifts as needed by the department.
- Assists Clinical Pharmacy Supervisor and Director in collecting and analyzing drug use data to improve quality of care.
- Assists in writing evidence-based drug-use policies, medication treatment protocols and procedures for safe and optimal medication use.
- Assists in evaluation and selection of appropriate drug products for hospital formulary.
- Precepts PharmD students and assists Clinical Pharmacy Supervisor in developing and maintaining syllabi for the experiential pharmacy student rotations.
- Attends committees and meetings as deemed appropriate by the Pharmacy Clinical Supervisor or Director.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong research and presentation skills.
- Strong data collection and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of ambulatory and acute care treatment principles.
- Strong knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, pharmacogenomics, and pharmacoeconomics.
- Advanced clinical knowledge in their area of training or specialty (pediatrics, psychiatry, emergency medicine, critical care, transition of care etc.).
Minimum Position Requirements:
- PharmD From an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Hospital residency training, PGY-2. or equivalent clinical experience
Experience: 2 years Clinical pharmacist in hospital setting.
- Licensed in CA as pharmacist; OR
- Have passed the CA exam, California Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination (CPJE), AND
- Able to get pharmacist license within 6 weeks of start of employment.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: PGY-2 training in an acute care pharmacy specialty.
Experience: 5 years Experience working as a clinical pharmacist specialist.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ Microbiologist
Req ID: R334920